Manager of Executive Assistants – Temporary position
About McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is a global management-consulting firm that works with leading companies to improve their performance and develop solutions for their most significant challenges. Our goal is to work on issues that really matter to our clients and build their capabilities. We nurture a culture of innovation—in developing knowledge and evolving our client-service models so they are driven by our clients’ needs, not our own.
Overview of the role
The McKinsey Copenhagen office is currently looking for a Manager of Executive Assistants.
The primary purpose of this role is to create and maintain an energizing, high-performance work environment reflecting McKinsey values, a collaborative team-based culture, and service mindset by developing and managing 10-12 people.
- When required, the candidate will also assist the EA team.
- Key activities fall into the following areas:
- Work with leaders in the consultant body and other managers to execute support strategies, set priorities, and manage communications with relevant personnel
- Manage operations of relevant functions/departments and overseeing team member assignments, and ensuring the development and use of effective systems
- Oversee day-to-day support delivery of relevant functions/departments
- Manage staff size for relevant functions/departments; lead the recruiting, development, deployment, coaching, and evaluation of functional team members
- Where appropriate, manage ongoing relationships with external vendors, including negotiating contracts
- Create budgets for relevant functions/departments and monitor/manage expenditures
- Apply function-related policies, including managing exceptions
- Contribute to office and Firm initiatives as appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues in other cells (e.g., offices, Firm Functions, global/regional shared service centers) to ensure seamless delivery of service
Desired skills and requirements
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and motivate others
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to make independent decisions, take risks, initiate and cope with ambiguity and changing targets
- Outstanding administrative and project/process management skills
- Presence and credibility with senior leaders
- Ability to take initiative with little direction; ability to initiate and cope with ambiguity and changing targets
- Confidence, persistence and strong interpersonal skills in approaching and dealing with stakeholders in a professional manner; experience in managing relationships and engaging and influencing others
Required experience and education
- A higher level of education, advanced qualification preferred
- 3-5 years supervisory experience (or equivalent), preferably in a professional environment, with at least 2 years executive secretarial experience
- Deep knowledge of one or more functional areas, plus experience in other relevant areas (HR, Secretarial Services, Office Services, Facilities)
Are you interested?
Wise Professionals serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the job, you are welcome to contact the Senior recruiter Stig Bülow at +45 31358007
Please apply for the position by clicking the link below, and submit a CV and cover letter in English.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.