General Sales Manager Denmark
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 114,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
BASF A/S supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions and plastics and polyurethanes systems.
What you can expect
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead the country sales organization including technical & customer service with a focus on profitable growth and customer satisfaction. The position holder has to ensure synergies across business segments, manage sales resources on a daily operational basis and enhance sales efficiency and effectiveness. The General Sales Manager has also to bring in the local country perspective in terms of building codes and building practice into the decision-making process.
In this role, you will report to Head of Market Management Nordic and your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- KPIs: Sales, cCM1, selling cost by segment, DSO, Specific Customer Targets.
- Establish relationships with key decision makers in the industry.
- Manage Sales and Technical Services Teams.
- Identify local business opportunities and orchestrate their realization.
- Support the local sales organization in continuously improving performance.
Furthermore, you will:
- Ensure sales targets are reached and drive business performance.
- Oversee, manage, coach and support the sales force.
- Monitor and manage selling cost against targets.
- Manage claims of local clients.
- Represent BASF Construction Chemicals in the country if needed.
- Manage the Collection activities and reach the established targets.
- Ensure proper communication and coordination with other functions, countries & sub regions.
- Implement the required actions to service key accounts with operations in the country of responsibility in coordination with regional and/or global key account functions.
What we expect
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Management.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will evaluate incoming applications on a continuous basis.
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF.
How to apply:
The recruitment is handled by INCIPIA. Please send your application and CV marked “GSM DK” to Hasse Steenbuch, INCIPIA at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Hasse Steenbuch at INCIPIA Tel.: +45 4010 6280.