Development Scientist in RD Microbial Platform Development
RD MP Development is searching for one new Development Scientist working out of Hørsholm, Denmark. The position is temporary (1 yr).
Development is part of Chr. Hansen’s RD organisation with a strong focus on developing new bacterial cultures for the food industry. Development plays a major role in long term projects, which are collaborations between various departments in our RD organisation, Global Application, Marketing, Sales and Production. In the Chr. Hansen product development value chain, Development is located after Discovery in the early end and after Global Application in the late end. Development typically defines the composition of the bacterial culture – and helps developing the bacterial components of the culture. Development is composed of 25 experienced and high performing employees in Hørsholm.
Your tasks will be to
- Develop new starter and bioprotective cultures for food applications – primarily dairy and meat
- Plan, execute and report on experimental work carried out in the laboratory and in development projects
- Prepare and conduct presentations on the results obtained in the laboratory and in projects
We expect that you
- Hold a M.Sc. or a PhD degree in natural sciences - preferably within dairy, meat or food technology, industrial microbiology, bacterial physiology or a related scientific field
- Have solid competences within starter and bioprotective cultures for dairy and/or meat applications
- Master experimental design and data handling
- Appreciate to work in a laboratory environment and take an interest in developing experimental protocols useful for e.g. liquid handling robots
- Master English (spoken and written) and a second language. Danish, German or French are appreciated but not a strict requirement.
Your personal profile
- You have a structured approach to solving technical issues and are able to see the patterns behind the apparent chaos
- You are a quick learner and are not shaken easily by a changing environment
- You are creative, energetic and capable of making things work – on your own and in teams
- You are a good communicator
If you have any questions to the position, please feel free to contact Senior Director Niels Bang Jensen on tel. +45 4574 8555.
Please apply online.
Deadline for applications is 10 November 2017.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com