Record to Report Senior Accounting Analyst
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This position is responsible for the complex activities related to Record to Report including (but not limited to) journal entry processing, closing activities, reconciliations, SOX testing and other complex financial processes and also for the Continuous Improvement in R2R and P2P area.
Position requires extensive remote interaction with Business Unit Finance Personnel, Corporate Financial Reporting and Global Process Owner Team. Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Complex accounting activities including (but not limited to) journal entry processing and review, closing activities, reconciliations, SOX testing and other financial processes
- Monitor system interfaces for journal entry tool and automated transactions and cooperation with business partners, e.g. Global Process Owners, PTP, OTC teams on issue resolution
- Monitor and manage specific month end (and year end) related activities per Month End Close Timetable
- Execute activities required by individual market fiscal authorities
- Execute financial analysis for CFR based on Quarter End Timetable
- Perform and review scheduled Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Activities, action, monitor and execute escalations
- Attend Technical Accounting Meetings and update existing procedural documentation
- Provide support for internal and external audit including supporting management response and resolution
- Conduct, monitor and report SOX testing
- Maintain and adhere to record to report procedural documentation
- Support testing of process and system upgrades, enhancements and implementations
- Continuous improvement in the R2R and P2P areas, co-ordinate the optimization of processes across the markets or companies within the market, consistently implementing best practices
- Statutory Audit coordination and Year End Process
- Ad hoc projects, support multiple projects in time sensitive environment
Desired Experience Must have requirements:
- Experience of working with sophisticated integrated financial systems in a multi-national company
- Maintains a high level of technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP, IFRS or any EU country GAAP)
- Demonstrated ability to work to demanding deadlines, accurately and with consistency
- Knowledge of effective communication and ability to influence others
- Supervisory experience of audit and year end close process
- Fluent in English (Written and Oral)
- Any of the following language: Swedish, Finish, German, French or Italian
What we offer:
A unique opportunity to evolve in a dynamic and innovative environment
A diverse workforce and inclusive culture. The health, safety, professional development, work-life balance and respectful treatment of our employees being amongst our highest priorities.
Excellent reward package including various fringe benefits.