Process engineer for Technology refinery department
The refinery industry is changing rapidly these years – more demands for co-processing of bio- and renewable feedstocks and legislation for shipping and auto industries demands very low sulfur fuels. Do you want to work with complex projects within Haldor Topsoe’s hydroprocessing technology as part of multicultural project teams together with industry experts? Do you want to work together with our licensing sales group, catalyst experts and R&D in designing and shaping tomorrow’s refinery technology and take active part in changing the refinery business from fossil towards a more sustainable future?
You will join a global group of highly skilled engineers with a passion for technical solutions for our clients in the refinery industry. The ideal candidate is able to challenge us with new ideas as well as quickly learn from Haldor Topsoe’s vast experience within hydroprocessing and refinery technology.
Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Our headquarter is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and technologies are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a unique position as Process Engineer in our Technology Refinery Department responsible for conceptual and basic design of hydroprocessing units using Haldor Topsoe’s technologies and catalysts, mainly hydrotreaters and hydrocrackers but also emerging technologies.
If you join our company, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the field of process engineering and be involved interdisciplinary project groups. Your daily work will involve regular contact with our Refinery Business Unit, catalyst group, R&D as well as our regional offices. Assignments abroad in connection with sales and clarification meetings, troubleshooting, refinery walk-throughs and start-up activities are part of the job for which 20-40 days of travel a year can be expected.
- Process design for grassroot and revamping of industrial hydroprocessing plants
- Preparation of process flow diagrams, P&IDs and various equipment specifications
- Feasibility studies for optimization of industrial hydroprocessing plants
- Advise customers on optimizing the operation and utilization of hydroprocessing plants
- Provide technical assistance to sales managers and customers worldwide
- Start-up of industrial hydroprocessing plants
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Drive projects together with stakeholders.
- Are curious, innovative, and think outside the box
- Are a team player and thrive on interacting with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate initiative as well as strong technical abilities
- Are committed to your work and strive to make a difference
- Are flexible to travel for shorter periods and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- Have an opinion and share it
- Have excellent communication skills.
To be a successful candidate for the job, you have a degree in chemical engineering. You have minimum 3-5 years of experience in the field of process engineering design or operation. Experience within the oil and gas sector and engineering software such as ProII, Aspen or Hysys is an advantage but not a requirement. It is a requirement to speak and write fluent English. The ideal candidate also speaks and writes Spanish.
Please contact Andreas Bruun Jørgensen, phone +45 2275 4803 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
November 15, 2017.
Kontaktperson: Andreas Bruun Jørgensen
Telefon: +45 22754803
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.