Research & Development Manager
Belden Cekan A/S is a knowledge-based manufacturing company with patented technology in the telecommunications and data networking solutions. Particularly characteristic is that the company itself develops and manufactures products as well as special machines for the manufacture of the products. The company employs approximately 40 employees.
The Research & Development Manager will be responsible for Belden Cekan’s R&D and tool shop departments. Driving new developments in cooperation with our global organization from the first ideas to implementing products and new production technologies into own production facility.
The key challenges of the position will be to develop and maintain new and existing products and processes.
To be a very important member of the Belden Cekan management team and a clear leader of own departments.
Product responsible for both present and new developments.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant external and internal Belden product standards
- Initiating specifications, documentations and test results
- Ensure product quality at all times in cooperation with the production and quality department
- Incl. responsible for all test setup
- Initiate and participate in Belden new product developments
Management of own departments
- Ensure performance of own departments and meeting the targets
- Ensure team spirit across organization and within own teams
- Review and assess training needs within the team and ensure these are met
- Complete annual performance management reviews and manage agreed actions / outputs
- Manage daily attendance, holidays, etc.
- Effectively delegate and assign workload within the team to meet the needs of the business
Member of Cekan Management team
- Being an active participant of the management team, driving our strategies into action
- Allocation of resources
- Prepare and report on Lean Daily Management KPI’s to management team
- Manage effectively to ensure that department objectives are met
- Responsible for budget in own departments
Develop new products, processes, tools and automation equipment, internal and external
- Identify customer and business needs with regard to new products and processes.
- Drive R&D projects from brainstorming to launch in cooperation with other Belden R&D departments
- Initiate and participate in relevant R&D meetings, as required
- Initiate and prepare investment applications, as required
- Technical experience within development of mechanical/electromechanical products
- Proven track record of managing a team and/or project management
- R&D experience, stage gate processes etc.
- University degree in mechanical engineering
- Professional technical English know how/Business Level English
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) [essential]
- Willing to travel 5 to 10%
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant working experience, the candidate should be a high performer with the ambition and ability to develop
- Knowledge of the Networking and/or copper/fibre connectivity industry desirable
For more information on this position please contact Thoralf Wergin, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 7127 141066.