Procurement Site Account Manager
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 114,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
BASF A/S supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions and plastics and polyurethanes systems.
For our procurement team in Nordic/Baltic based in Copenhagen, we are now looking for a Procurement Site Account Manager.
What you can expect
In this role, you will be the focal point for all procurement topics ensuring that the purchasing needs of technical goods and services for all sites within the Nordic/Baltic area are met.
You will ensure reliable, economic and competitive supply for allocated BASF sites within the Nordic/Baltic region.
Moreover, you will be the crucial link between Category buyers, the Operation Procurement team in Berlin and local sites. You will develop and maintain close and productive relationships with key stakeholders through effective communication and proactive challenging.
In addition, you will negotiate local contracts, manage supplier relationships, act as procurement coordinator in investment projects and steer purchasing activities for relevant local categories (Surveying, testing & inspection, Construction & maintenance, Building & plant infrastructure, Facility management & Waste management). While maintaining business communication with internal and external stakeholders, you will foster the use of standard tools and processes in the region, including change management activities.
You can expect a steep learning curve and a thorough introduction to our procurement activities and sites in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
What we expect
- You are customer oriented and have both an entrepreneurial and analytical approach, you like to build and maintain a professional network and you possess excellent communication and strong negotiation skills in English.
- In addition, you possess an advanced understanding of procurement interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, along with an ability to build relationships and gain cooperation.
- You are confident and assertive with an entrepreneurial mindset and you possess the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- You are familiar with MS Office and some knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- You are willing to travel. In this role, you are required to travel within the Nordic and Baltic countries, and to Germany and Belgium (25-30 days yearly).
- Relevant experience and key account management experience is an advantage.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We will be interviewing on a continuous basis.