Bioneer A/S seeks scientist for upstream process development
Bioneer is a Danish provider of advanced R & D based services to the pharma, biotech, ingredient and medico industries. Bioneer is owned by The Technical University of Denmark and is approved as an advanced technology company (Godkendt Teknologisk Service, GTS). Bioneer employs 45 dedicated scientists and technicians and strives to create value by tailoring its services in the areas of recombinant protein manufacturing, human disease modeling, biomarker analysis, drug characterization and formulation to fit the needs of the customers. Bioneer offers a creative cross disciplinary working environment allowing employees to realize their ideas to the benefit of clients and collaborators.
On an annual basis Bioneer serves a number of start-ups as well as established Danish and international companies whose assets are future biological drugs, vaccines, ingredient enzymes and other types of proteins. Bioneer frequently develops and delivers “first recombinant protein” to such clients at a process quality level which enables a relatively uncomplicated transfer of Bioneer developed upstream and downstream processes to CMOs. The main responsibility of the candidate will be to:
- Plan and perform fermentation experiments from shake flask to bioreactor systems to obtain and optimize protein production using bacterial expression platforms, especially E. coli, and participate in purification and characterization of the proteins.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Bacterial Expression Group and other Bioneer groups within molecular biology, downstream processing, protein analytical technologies, and protein formulation development.
- Maintain detailed electronic laboratory book records of experimental data and discoveries.
- Document and report results to clients.
- Participate in technical and business oriented meetings with present and future clients.
- Participate and contribute to internal Bioneer projects.
Candidates with at least postdoctoral level experience or 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience from research and development in the bio-pharmaceutical industry are preferred. The ideal candidate can document hands-on experience in upstream process development for microbial fermentation including activities such as medium and process optimization, process characterization and scale-up.
Experience with respect to technology transfer processes (to CMOs) is an advantage.
A candidate who also has experience in downstream processing and protein chemistry is preferred. Furthermore, GMP and GLP experience is relevant but not required.
You are a team player with a good sense of perspective and have the ability to prioritize when you are busy.
Preferably you speak Danish and can demonstrate good writing and oral communication skills in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Søren Madsen, Head of Bacterial Expression Group. Phone number +45 45 16 04 44.
Please submit your application to Bioneer A/S, Kogle Allé 2, DK-2970 Hørsholm or email to email@example.com
Mark your application:”scientist for upstream process development” in the subject field. Respond no later December 1st, 2017.