Senior Category Manager
Group Procurement is a newly established unit with global responsibility, and we now offer a position as Senior Category Manager in Indirect Procurement. We have the responsibility of initiating, govern and implement efficient and effective procurement activities across Topsoe. We want to continually improve our cost picture as well as add value to our stakeholders to free up resources for growth. Category Management will be a key process to sustain our way of working.
In this newly established position as Senior Category Manager you will be addressing a significant part of Topsoes’ indirect spend and will collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
You will be part of an Indirect Procurement organization with 9 motivated employees that, together with colleagues from Direct and Technical Procurement, have commenced implementation of our new Procurement Game Plan. We are focused on becoming a best in class procurement team through the implementation of category management, proactive approach towards our stakeholders and ambitious goals for our value contribution to Topsoe.
- Reports solid line to Director, Indirect Procurement
- Initiates Category Planning, - Management and accompanying sourcing strategies; contract negotiation and -execution for all purchases within categories
- Identifies and drives sourcing initiatives – ensuring results on tangibles, total cost perspectives and risk avoidance including applicable contingency plans to safeguard objectives in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develops a network of key category stakeholders at BU level for effective implementation of souring initiatives
- Owns the relationship to key Suppliers and develops them into strategic partners to enable advanced initiatives, i.e. frame agreements and supplier relationship management etc.
- Engages actively in the development and coaching of colleagues.
- Have proven competencies and experience in driving cross-functional projects and herein getting the message and results through
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of procurement and global sourcing every day
- Have excellent commercial/financial understanding
- Know what value procurement can add to stakeholders and can easily explain it
- Have solid project management experience
- Enjoy working with stakeholders in all parts of the organization and stakeholders enjoy working with you.
You hold a Bachelors- or Master degree or possess counterbalanced experience from the industry.
You have category management and project management experience and 3-5 years experience from a regional/international organization, within purchasing or other relevant function and can document results from similar positions.
Please contact Director Christian Nymark-Jacobsen, phone +45 5175 5661 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
November 20, 2017.
Kontaktperson: Christian Nymark-Jacobsen
Telefon: +45 5175 5661
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.