Marine Insurance Underwriter and Claims Specialist
Join our global growth adventure to help maintain, develop and optimize our Marine Insurance Programme.
In DSV, you become part of global transport and logistics business. We deliver high quality insurance solutions that match the growing complexity we are experiencing. But we still move fast – without lengthy manuals and processes – in comparison to traditional insurance companies.
Help us manage marine insurance
You join 4 colleagues in the Marine Team in DSV Insurance. As a team, we manage the marine insurance programme under the DSV Insurance Captive and we provide a high level of professional service to the DSV business globally. This includes underwriting and risk management, contract reviews and negotiations, participating in renewals, claims handling, budgeting and ongoing administration. More specifically, you:
- Structure and underwrite complex customer contracts under the Freight Forwarders Liability Insurance in compliance with the DSV Customer Contractual Compliance Manual
- Underwrite and develop cargo insurance solutions to DSV’s customers
- Become responsible for the Charterers Liability Insurance Programme
- Identify market trends and opportunities for new marine insurance solutions
- Assist and supervise our claims team in various claims matters
All in all, you will take part in diverse tasks and projects related to marine insurance. You will have a global responsibility and collaborate with reinsurers and insurance brokers as well as our local operations and management across the globe. But you also enjoy a great internal collaboration with our insurance sales team, insurance coordinators and our claims handling team in Warsaw.
Marine insurance experience
To maintain, develop and optimize the Marine Insurance Programme and our risk management, you will need to become a professional underwriter of cargo insurance solutions to DSV’s customers and a great partner to external insurers, re-insurers and brokers. That is why we expect you to:
- Have 3+ years’ experience from the marine insurance industry as an underwriter, broker or legal function
- Preferably be familiar with the structure of global insurance programmes
- Be an experienced user of MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PPT
- Communicate effortlessly in English
Your success depends on your ability to work independently and structured and make your influence count in the broader DSV organisation – across cultures and time-zones. You look forward to collaborating with and assisting people near and far and sharing your technical knowledge. And last, but not least, you are great at prioritising and know how to deliver quality solutions and meet deadlines.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your opportunities in DSV. You are welcome to call Marine Insurance Manager Stine Monefeldt Holm on +45 61 94 46 42.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
Global Transport and Logistics
With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, we provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com or www.dk.dsv.com