Subject matter expert for tribology (m/f)
Danfoss is a global leader focused on energy-efficient solutions that save energy and costs, and reduce carbon emissions. The company's wide range of products and services are used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors and powering mobile machinery. The company is also active in the field of solar and wind power as well as district heating and cooling infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Danfoss was founded in 1933 in Nordborg, Denmark. Today, the Group employs around 25,000 employees and sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world.
Danfoss Power Solutions - a world-class provider of mobile hydraulics for the construction, agriculture, and other off-highway vehicle markets - is a segment of the Danfoss Group and provides the power our changing world needs to thrive.
Currently, we are looking for a Subject Matter Expert for Tribology (m/f) located in Neumünster, German or alternatively in Nordborg, Denmark or Ames, Iowa / USA. As part of an international team, you will be the global expert and consultant across many functional areas like engineering, production, quality, sales and procurement. In this role, you will consult in terms of new materials within R&D projects, lead failure analysis for internal and external customers, contribute to new manufacturing processes and improve the overall quality with regards to materials.
- Consult with regards to tribology including but not limited to tribological failure analysis, hydraulic fluid analysis, surface texture description and selection of wear-resistant materials
- Manage and execute all tribology-related projects or work-packages within R&D-projects
- Contribute in materials-related R&D projects to improve component durability and efficiency
- Define and modify tribology-relevant specifications (HMS, HTS, HPP)
- Determine material and tribological characteristics based on available data
- Guarantee quality assurance for our series production
- Investigate claims within our own test labs or in the field along with our customers
- Complement our 8D process to help reduce cost of failures
- University degree in the field of materials science with special focus on tribology
- Solid experience as an expert consultant for tribology in a research environment
- Strong ability to logically combine pieces of information and to conclude systematically
- Excellent communicator across functions and within a complex matrix organization
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel internationally (less than 10%)
- Strong ability and desire to work in a virtual environment of a global expert team
Join our team and help us release the potential of this amazing world. We look forward to discovering how you want to have an impact on tomorrow!
For further information about the position please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Eva Isselstein at +49 461 4301 4623.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.