Technical sales manager
Would you like to expand our client and product fleet in the Nordic countries?
EIVA is an engineering company operating in the international maritime industry. We offer hardware, software and services such as rental, maintenance and training to customers specialising in ocean science, offshore wind, oil and gas, dredging and construction, just to name a few.
We are on the lookout for a new crew member with a strong technical focus to join our sales team in ensuring that our customers, particularly in the oceanographic industry, can successfully carry out wave and currents measurements, environmental sampling, geological surveys and ocean studies.
You’ll be an important stakeholder in increasing EIVA’s presence and product market share in the Nordic countries, using your technical knowledge along with your sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products comprising GPSs, sonars, LiDAR scanners, subsea robotics and the like.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Being a part of the team growing the Nordic and global customer base, including acquiring new customers in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
- Developing market and product plans in cooperation with the global sales director
- Preparing quotations for the various product lines of EIVA and agency products
- Providing technical consultancy to customers
- Negotiating contracts and ensuring that they are successfully closed
- Visiting customers and attending events and exhibitions in the Nordic region
As you’ll be fostering both existing and new client relationships, you can expect to be traveling a few days a year.
In short, the ideal candidate…
- Has a strong interest in all the tasks connected with the selling and promotion of technical products
- Is a fast learner who enjoys going into the details of advanced technologies to learn how they work
- Enjoys interacting with many different people during a work day, navigating both an internal network of colleagues and external network of partners and customers
- Possesses strong English skills, both verbally and in writing
- Is a master of the Danish language, both written and spoken, and will be able to understand other Scandinavian languages such as Norwegian and Swedish
- Comes with a relevant educational background, such as electronic engineering or similar engineering degrees, combined with a strong commercial focus
Candidates familiar with instruments for operation above and below the water surface in interaction with sensors and sonar equipment will be considered to be at an advantage. However, we know that we operate in a niche industry so if you’re new to the maritime world we’ll equip you with the necessary introduction before you’re thrown into EIVA waters.
When you’re part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re part of a company with a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities. We work with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment where freedom under responsibility is a key parameter.
We value proper balance between work and private life, and 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries are not a rare sight among our colleagues. We offer various benefits such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
It is a full-time position and you'll be working out of our headquarters in Stilling (just one minute away from E45, 15 minutes away from Aarhus by car and easy to get to by bus).
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Technical Sales Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Sales Director, Global Sales Jakob Møller Nielsen at email@example.com or at +45 4153 2175.