Executive Adviser for Regulatory Advisory team, Nordea Wealth Management
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Executive Adviser, you will get a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced and constantly developing business environment in close contact with the business. This position will give you the opportunity to work with both legal and business-related matters and on both a cross-border and cross-business unit basis.
In Regulatory Advisory, we are responsible for ensuring that business units within Nordea Wealth Management are kept orderly informed on upcoming legislative EU- and local files from multiple jurisdictions applicable to the Wealth Management business area. In active dialogue with the business representatives and management, Regulatory Advisory analyses the impact, including strategic elements, of such files and attends as subject matter experts in their implementation.
Regulatory Advisory is a team in Wealth Management Operations (COO organisation), which is a support function for the Wealth Management business units that also includes Asset Management, Investment Solutions & Advisory Centre, Private Banking, Life & Pension and Business Development.
The position as Executive Adviser comprises:
- Screening for new, specific regulation on national and EU levels
- Analyses on new regulation and assessing its impact on the business units in Wealth Management
- Creation of awareness with business stakeholders on relevant new regulation and impact
- Presentations on regulatory trends and coming regulation and its impact
- Participation in regulatory implementation projects
- Coordination with stakeholders
- Attending working group meetings in industry associations
- Identification of emerging trends in specific international policy and national and EU legislation
You will report to the Head of Regulatory Advisory in Nordea Wealth Management, BRIS.
The job implies a high degree of responsibility and possibilities to influence your own work. Furthermore, you will work cross-border in a multicultural environment. You will be based in Copenhagen or Stockholm as part of an international team that interacts with various stakeholders across Wealth Management and the Nordea Group in general.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a high degree of integrity, are decisive and take initiative
- Demonstrate energy and express professionalism, drive, self-motivation and commitment in your daily behavior.
- Has strong analytical skills and are a natural in stakeholder management
- Are structured, pay attention to detail while also seeing the bigger picture
- Adapt quickly to change, cope with a fast-paced environment and are willing to go the extra mile
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excel in planning and organising your work, and always deliver on time
- You are fully proficient in English, written and spoken.
- You have a Master’s degree in law, commercial law or similar (where analytical skills are emphasized). You have a solid understanding of the financial industry. Preferably, you have a background in one or more of the Wealth Management business units or supporting functions.
- You have at least a couple of years of relevant job experience. Knowledge about the wealth management value chain and industry is an advantage.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 17 January 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Camilla Thornild by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.