Senior Market Risk Model Developer
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers’ changing needs and offering them the best possible service is central to everything we do. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Developer of Market Risk Models, you’ll develop, maintain and describe Nordea’s models for measuring market risk for our trading units. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with mathematics, finance and IT, supporting our trading units in providing value to our customers.
In the Market Risk Models team, we own Nordea’s market risk models. The models are used to calculate capital levels. Capital is one of the most important business drivers in current banking, and capital models are therefore cornerstones in a successful bank, ensuring stability, profitability and regulatory compliance. We work broadly across our value chain, collaborating with trading, risk management, infrastructure, IT, model validation, audit and regulators. We use powerful tools like Python, SQL, Git, Confluence and LaTex and agile ways of working to deliver value quickly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Calibrate existing models and performing analysis and tests of them
- Document methodology, assumptions, analysis and tests
- Develop new methodology
- Build prototypes in our Python code library which taps into Nordea’s new micro-service based IT infrastructure
- Provide methodological input to cross-organizational projects
The role is based in Copenhagen. Welcome to a team of sharp and passionate people that deliver the right solutions to complex problems.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To really make an impact as a model builder in Nordea, you are eager to deliver results in a collaborative environment where nothing is done by one person only. You enjoy teaming up and you are passionate about finding the right solutions.
- University degree (master or PhD) within a quantitative field (Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Finance, Economics, Engineering)
- 3-4+ years of experience with market risk or pricing models (exceptional candidates with less experience may be considered as well)
- Experience with concise writing in English
- Programming experience. We code in Python and use SQL extensively, but experience in other programming languages is also valuable
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results working with others
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 28 January 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Rasmus Godiksen, +4555478756, email@example.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.