Glycom A/S is a young and vibrant Danish biotechnology company focused on the production of human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) and their applications in human health. We are a leader in this field and recently won the EY Life Science Entrepreneur of the Year award. We have an ambitious program to develop a deeper, applied understanding of the benefits of HMOs in human health. The company, based at Scion Science and Technology Park in Hørsholm and in Esbjerg, is expanding rapidly and has recently begun production at its manufacturing facility in Esbjerg. Glycom employs a successful science and industrial production team with an international background and specialized know-how in biotechnology, carbohydrate chemistry and human biology.
As Financial Controller, you will take on a key finance role in the Finance department at Glycom. You will be central to Glycom’s financial reporting on our corporate financials and our production economy. You will be executing and developing the centralized finance reporting platform for all Glycom’s legal entities, consolidating these entities, and playing a key role in developing the accounting practices of Glycom. Furthermore, you will be the direct accounting sparring partner for the factory leadership team and the corporate leadership team as well.'
Your success criteria will be to:
- Gain a deep understanding of Glycom’s production economics and ensure that data from production systems is accurately represented in accounting system and reports
- Understand and communicate the numbers for all of Glycom’s entities to the CFO and Glycom’s leadership team
- Drive the development of a best-in-class reporting platform that will match Glycom’s future growth track
- Ensure quality of financial accounts and provide daily technical guidance to bookkeeping staff
You will be reporting to and collaborating closely with the CFO, and will be working with the finance team and the leadership team as well. As this is a new position, you will be responsible for establishing your role in our small and dynamic finance team, and there will be ample opportunity to develop in several directions as the company grows.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for a Financial Controller with deep experience in financial reporting and analysis. You are highly motivated, systematic, and can maintain focus under tight deadlines while maintaining a positive and supportive role toward team members and other colleagues. You take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving – you make it happen.
Excellent communication skills are required and you should be comfortable with addressing both senior leaders and the wider organization, in a very international environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree in economics (MSc/Cand. Oecon/HD-R or similar education)
- 3 or more years of experience in accounting or a controlling/financial role in an industrial company, ideally in an international business environment;
- Demonstrated extensive business acumen, deep knowledge of financial analysis and accounting standards and the ability to understand the business implications of the results;
- Excel super user capabilities and Navision/other accounting system proficiency;
- A focus on results and work well in small, flexible teams;
- Fluent in English with strong interpersonal skills that are necessary to collaborate with people from various backgrounds
In addition, it would be beneficial if you have experience with: IFRS, transfer pricing, treasury, procurement and financing.
You will be part of a young, visionary organization, developing leading edge technology for consumers and for the pharmaceutical & food industry. The company has achieved its position and success through the initiatives and commitment of its team members. You will have an important role in future development of Glycom’s financial infrastructure and reporting for the production team and leadership team.
Salary and terms of employment
We are offering a permanent full-time position with salary in accordance to your qualifications. The official work place will be at Glycom Esbjerg. A particularly suited candidate may be considered for hiring in Glycom Hørsholm, in which case travel days to Esbjerg should be expected.
Please send your application and CV (both in English) via firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly indicate your earliest availability. If you wish to learn more about the job, please contact Thomas Kabel, Chief Financial Officer (email@example.com or +4528302700). For further information about Glycom please visit www.glycom.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Application deadline: January 31, 2018