Knowledge base editor
Would you like to become captain of our software documentation?
EIVA is an engineering company operating in the international maritime industry. We offer hardware, software and services such as rental, maintenance and training to customers specialising in ocean science, offshore wind, oil and gas, as well as dredging and construction, just to name a few.
Our software suite, NaviSuite, is among the most high-end and most used ones in the industry. It offers users a multi-purpose solution known for its versatility and efficiency, allowing for sensor data acquisition, processing and visualisation.
Help ensure that information on features and releases reaches the NaviSuite users
We are on the lookout for a crew member for a new position as knowledge base editor. Through your technical and communicative skills, your main responsibility will be to ensure that our customers are kept up to date at all times on new software features and versions. This is done via detailed release notes, FAQs, how tos and wiki pages, thereby enabling them to successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and set up wind turbines at sea. Your main tool for this would be our knowledge base wiki, which is currently being built – a project you would be finishing as well.
You will work closely together with the software department, and at times also the communication department, getting input from the software engineers and support team and turning it into concise and consistent documentation for the NaviSuite users.
We do not expect you to be a NaviSuite expert, but we do expect you to have a genuine interest in IT, have maybe tried your hand at programming, and know how Microsoft’s code world works as our NaviSuite products are based on this – and that you are keen to learn how our software works. The goal is that you’ll be able to pose the right questions to the authors when reviewing their input, thereby increasing the quality of the final result.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Leading the completion and launch of our new wiki knowledge base – potentially leading us towards a new platform
- Keeping track of upcoming software releases and new or undescribed features, ensuring that relevant information on these are published via the knowledge base by
- Gathering relevant information from the software team members
- Reviewing the input and producing wiki content that fits within an intuitive knowledge base structure, ensuring a consistent look and feel
- Creating and updating screenshots and video screen captures for the knowledge base and to support our sales managers when they are in dialogue with potential customers on specific features of the software
- Keeping our LinkedIn User Group followers up to date on the content and features of the knowledge base
- Potentially contribute to the production of content for our eLearning site
In short, the ideal candidate…
- Comes with a relevant educational background, such as an IT and programming master (MSc in IT & Communication and Organisation, Information Studies or similar) – the key being the combination of a technological and a communicative focus, which can come from both background and/or experience
- Please note that if you’re currently studying for a relevant degree, we are open to you starting by working maybe 15-20 hours per week and joining us full time when you are ready to leave the university life
- Is familiar with the world of Microsoft’s platforms
- Is a fast learner who enjoys going into the details of advanced technologies to learn how they work
- Knows and advocates the importance of attacking a text review with the eyes of the target audience
- Welcomes the challenge of creating order from a sea of documentation spread across multiple file types and production years
- Enjoys taking charge as the gatekeeper of a medium with many stakeholders
- Is so detail-oriented that detectives are put to shame
- Possesses very strong English skills, both verbally and in writing
When you’re part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re part of a company with a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities. We work with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment where freedom under responsibility is a key parameter.
We value proper balance between work and private life, and 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries are not a rare sight among our colleagues. We offer various benefits such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
You'll be working out of our headquarters in Stilling (just one minute away from E45, 15 minutes away from Aarhus by car and easy to get to by bus).
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Knowledge Base Editor’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Software Manager Ole Kristensen at email@example.com or at +45 8628 2011.