See your software code sail the world's sea
EIVA is a hardware and software engineering company providing solutions for the international maritime industry. Our customers specialise in renewable energy, oil and gas exploration, seabed-to-surface construction and services, and hydrographic surveys, just to mention a few of the industries they work in.
Our software suite, NaviSuite, is among the most high-end and most used ones in the industry, offering users a multi-purpose solution known for its versatility and efficiency. We’re seeing growing interest in NaviSuite and are consequently on the lookout for new crew members to join our team of software engineers in ensuring that our customers can successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and set up wind turbines at sea.
Your primary focus will be to use your 3D and visualisation touch to develop data visualisation methods, efficient user interaction and data migration with for example GIS solutions to expand the utilisation and strengthen the quality of NaviSuite.
More specifically, you’ll be engineering…
- Solutions for surface and subsea positioning, manoeuvring and advanced 3D navigation
- 3D visualisation of dynamic and static data including vessels, drones, structures, and water column, seabed or sediment data
- Data and element integration with GIS – including for example SSDM and ESRI
We know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the offshore world, we’ll equip you with the necessary introduction before you’re thrown into the coding waters.
You will be an integrated part of our development team of software and survey engineers, working closely together with electronics engineers and mechanical engineers in our R&D department. This includes taking part in and impacting our day-to-day agile and scrum-inspired development roadmap.
The ideal candidate...
- Has a background as a software engineer, holding a degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Has some experience with large software applications, and the ability to write comprehensible and robust code
- Is interested in developing 3D software and strives to create efficient, user-friendly and reliable solutions
You may have graduated recently or have some years of relevant experience.
Strong English skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
The techniques you’ll be working with encompass…
- Microsoft .NET / Visual Studio
- High-end C# applications
- User interfaces in Forms and WPF
- Advanced 3D data visualisation using OpenGL
- Extensive data set terrain modelling and rendering
- Parallel data processing via for example GPU
- Automated test, UnitTest, data-/code-driven test
- Microsoft SQL and SQL Lite
- Technologies that we may not even know exist – show us how you can strengthen our software suite
You’ll be working out of EIVA’s offices in Stilling, Denmark – just one minute away from E45 and 15 minutes away from Aarhus.
When you’re a part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re a part of a company with a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life and offer various benefits such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and a very active employee committee.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Software Engineer – C#’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with a view to starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Software Manager Ole Kristensen at email@example.com or +45 8628 2011.