Senior Structural Engineer
Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail is seeking to employ a Senior Structural Engineer. You will be employed in our Engineering Division, providing engineering services to a range of internal projects from planning to construction phase.
The company has an expanding project portfolio and is about to start the construction of the Sydhavn metro extension to Cityringen with 4,5km of twin tube TBM segmental tunnels and 5 underground stations, as well as the light rail project including multiple concrete structures crossing roads and railway. Furthermore, the company has a substantial long?term pipeline of projects with new lines and underground developments already in a screening phase.
Field of Responsibility
- Review of detailed design and execution documents (Design Reports & Drawings, Method Statements, etc.).
- Non?conformance handling including reviewing, commenting and discussions with the contractor regarding root cause, remedial action, preventive action and closure.
- Review of tender designs for upcoming projects, including contract & specifications.
- Coordinate structural related matters between multiple disciplines (Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical, etc.).
- Interface to other internal departments (Construction, Supervision, Planning etc.).
- Manage Contractor interface.
- Act as client’s representative in discussions with the Contractor and the Authorities.
- You are cooperative, and a good communicator. You are able to chair a meeting to produce productive outcomes.
- You are persistent and able to defend the Company’s position/goals in meetings with Contractors, Authorities, Neighbours and Third Party Contractors.
- You’re structured, pragmatic, and solution?oriented.
- You are able to work independently.
- You are able to find the correct balance between the best technical/theoretical design solutions and the practical on site applicability, with focus on administering the contractual requirements.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Fluent in Danish is beneficial.
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering with 8+ years experience.
- Experience working with underground structures, both in design and construction.
- Metro construction and operation experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience with concrete and concrete structures.
- Able to review/check a design and provide clear, coherent feedback.
- Skills in chairing a meeting.
- Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail offers a challenging and independent job in a dynamic organization. We offer attractive wages and terms of employment, a good working environment and good colleagues.
- You will be part of one of the biggest and most challenging infrastructure projects in Northern Europe.
30. januar 2018Arbejdssted:
tlf: +45 3311 1700Hjemmeside:
Om Metroselskabet og Hovedstadens Letbane
Vi sørger for, at mere end 1 million passagerer kan køre med metroen hver uge, og vi bygger flere end 50 metro- og letbanestationer, der skaber nye forbindelser og muligheder i Hovedstaden.
Vi er 300 engagerede medarbejdere og ca. 500 rådgivere, der arbejder i et internationalt miljø med højt kvalificerede specialister fra ind- og udland. Vi har det overordnede ansvar for driften af metroen og for at anlægge nye metrolinjer og den kommende letbane i alle faser fra udvikling, projektering, udbud samt anlæg og drift
Metroselskabet er ejet af Staten, Københavns Kommune og Frederiksberg Kommune, mens Hovedstadens Letbane er ejet af 11 omegnskommuner samt Staten og Region Hovedstaden.