Business Controller Nordics
About the role
Do you want to work in an exciting and dynamic environment with high customer focus and continuous improvements?
We are looking for a new colleague with genuine interest and aspiration to be a key partner in securing the achievement of our financial goals as an organization.
Sony is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of electronic products for the consumer and professional market. Our unlimited passion for technology, innovation, content and services, drives us to deliver ground-breaking products to excite and entertain our customers. Every one of us can make a difference to our company – bringing new ideas and experiences. You will be part of a great culture and have the opportunity to take part in defining the future.
You will be located in our Danish office, and be one of two controllers supporting the Nordic Sales and Marketing team in providing Financial Support and Analysis requiring knowledge and presence in the Nordic region. You will be reporting into the Planning & Control Head of North, who is responsible for Nordic, UK and France located in the UK. All Business Support functions are part of European Platforms, why some virtual teamwork, travelling and knowledge sharing across regions may be required. We have over the last years outsourced the majority of financial transactional/administrative tasks to a 3rd party located in Romania and India.
The role as business controller involves responsibilities such as forecasting, budgeting, profitability analysis, preparation of business cases, accrual validation/calculations, process improvements etc. Your main area of responsibility will be governance and financial support to Commercial Investment area – our Commercial Trading Terms and Tactical Investments with retail partners. It's important that you possess good communication and presentation skills, along with strong analytical background. It's expected that you can act as a business partner to our Sales and Marketing Managers. You must be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization - so strong interpersonal and team building skills are a must.
Qualifications & experience
- University/Master degree in Economics or Finance or Business School
- Some experience in Controlling (commercial & marketing) and financial background from similar position/company/industry (5-year experience)
- Experience of working across a European business within multi-cultural working environment
- Solid analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Fluent in English and ideally one/more of the Nordic language(s)
- Negotiation skills and penetration power
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required
- •trong skills in MS Excel and preferably SAP/BW/BO
- High degree of integrity
- Structured and result oriented
- Self driven and proactive
- Positive attitude