Senior Legal Counsel, Fund Law
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you’ll be member of the Fund Law team where you’ll get a unique opportunity to work in an inspiring Nordic environment. You will play an essential role by providing solid legal advice ensuring that Nordea Funds Ltd has the licence to operate and upscale funds. You will take part in the business and its development from a legal perspective.
In the Fund Law team, we provide legal services to Nordea Funds Ltd and its branches across the Nordic. Your primarily focus will be on variety of legal issues relating to management of UCITS and AIF funds in both Danish and Nordic context.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will act as a secretary of the board of the Danish investment associations managed by Nordea Funds
- Provision of high quality legal advice on matters relating to fund management
- Drafting of agreements and reviewing internal policies
- Provision of legal assistance in relation to both product development issues and in relation to maintaining the fund legal documentation
- Furthermore, will play an important role in the follow-up and implementation of new regulations
The role is based in Copenhagen and you will report to the Head of Fund Law.
Nordea Funds Ltd manages a total of 220 Nordea funds registered in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. The basic elements of fund operations are trustworthiness, openness and transparency, as well as an active ownership policy and responsible investment principles.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You are self-driven and with a strong drive to achieve both autonomously and as part of the team. We expect you to be result and performace oriented and well organised. You are business and solution minded and you like to explore new areas in the changing environment.
- A legal degree
- At least five years’ relevant experience from a similar position in a fund management or an asset management company and/or in a law firm
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory environment
- Fluency in Danish and in English, both verbally and in writing. Other Nordic language is considered as advantage.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 25th January 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Niina Teräsvuori +358 50 598 2971 or by email: email@example.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.