Operational Risk Manager shaping the future OpRisk landscape, Copenhagen, Helsinki or Stockholm
It's an exciting time for you to join us. We're a changing company with big ambitions and together we'll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers' changing needs and offering them the best possible service is central to everything we do. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Operational Risk Manager, you'll work with various operational risks processes within a highly skilled and performance driven team who constantly are improving the risk framework to ensure mitigation of risks within a diversified pool of business units and ultimately contributing to great customers experiences.
In the Operational Risk Management team in WB BRIS, we work hard to support the business units in managing the operational risks through thorough analysis and constant focus on implementation of relevant and value adding changes to existing or lacking processes. We also have a strong focus on contributing to the further development of our OpRisk tool CORE and in building a strong and holistic data infrastructure as foundation for efficient analytical and operational purposes.
What you'll be doing:
- Apply your analytical skills , creativity and strong business understanding in improving our OpRisk frameworks & processes
- Set high standards for Operational Risk Managers work for others to aspire both in terms of work ethics and capability of delivering according to set targets and deadlines
- Take ownership for both shared tasks and individual task/projects and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks in constantly changing environment
- Be excellent in stakeholder management and a true ambassador for Wholesale Banking BRIS ambition to make our business units to really feel supported when most needed
- Drive and facilitate projects in combination with both ad hoc tasks supporting management
- Be part of the core team executing mandatory operational processes
The role is based in Copenhagen, Helsinki or Stockholm. Welcome to a team who truly lives the Nordea values of Collaboration, Passion, Ownership and Courage both from a professional and personal point of view
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you'll work well with others and always act with the customer's needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you're excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You're honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it's difficult, and committed to empowering others. You're passionate about doing a great job.
- Experience from Banking/Finance within a Risk & Regulatory, Compliance, Audit or similar department is preferable but not a requirement
- Maybe you have just finalised your Master degree in Economics, IT, Engineering, Law, Business school or Science or you could already have been through a successful graduate programme and are looking for your next big challenge to continue you're your professional journey
- Knowledge about Capital Markets value chain and Corporate & Investment Banking is preferable but not a requirement
- Excellent skills in both verbal and written English and the core MS Office programs (Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Word) is a requirement
- Knowledge of best practice techniques in the Financial Industry, preferably covering the regulatory environment relevant for managing non-financial risk.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with stakeholders at both SME and executive level is a requirement
- Feel confident in presenting the risk status to senior management
- Ability to explain complex identified risks to senior management in a short and easy to understand way
- Ability to create gap analysis and create executive memos to senior management including suggestions for mitigating actions
- Experience with both project management and advanced operational analysis is an advantage
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 26 of January 2018 to send us your application but interviews will take place continuously why we would appreciate your application as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Jeppe B. Christensen, Mobile: +45 30324937, email@example.com
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.