Director of Operation PVG NOR
Danfoss Power Solutions, Proportional Valve Group (PVG) is looking for an experienced Director of Operations to bring the organization to the next level and our factory into Industry 4.0. You will be responsible for a rapidly growing department with a dynamic, dedicated and competent team, located in Nordborg, Denmark. Similarly, you will become part of a major global company and a world-class supplier of mobile hydraulics.
Learn more about PVG, here.
Bridging people management and manufacturing
Your primary objective is to be responsible for the overall management, direction, coordination and control of safety, quality, finance, manufacturing, process engineering and materials. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the development and adherence to goals/targets of the plant site, business area and division, as well as fostering a spirit of cooperation and high morale among the employees. Therefore, it is important that you can navigate in a fast-moving organization while building a performance culture by identifying competency gaps and playing a strategic role in our organization.
You will be responsible for manufacturing, logistics and customer service. In close cooperation with your managers, your focus will be the continues improvements regarding safety, quality, cost and delivery to become Industry 4.0.
In other words, your primary responsibilities are:
- Directing and monitoring plant activities to ensure that issues related to safety, quality, personnel, manufacturing, quality standards, etc. are promptly and effectively resolved
- Preparing short- and long-range operational plans for plant budgets and production capacities consistent with division and corporate operation policies and quality standards
- Continuous improvement, LEAN manufacturing
- Ensuring that operating plans achieve adequate usage of all fixed assets
- Developing subordinate knowledge and abilities necessary to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities
- Providing and facilitating communication/interaction among team members and teams, across inter-company sites and with suppliers and customers
- Promoting and providing a working atmosphere and environment conducive to good employee morale and work attitudes and maximum effectiveness.
Solid experience from operations and a strong business understanding
You have a solid understanding of the business as a whole and an extensive background within manufacturing management. You evaluate situations objectively and demonstrate the ability to make decisions that have a positive impact on the work performance of the area and total business. Furthermore, you provide visionary leadership and encourage creativity. You demonstrate personal flexibility in your approach and ideas, and respond positively to and support changes in procedures, processes, technology, responsibilities and assignments.
Preferably, you hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, and have extensive knowledge of and experience in production, supply chain as well as team management. We expect your English and Danish to be impeccable.
Join us and become a part of an exciting journey, were you will have a great impact on PVG NOR and the Step Changes ahead.
For more information about this role,
please contact Lars Bo Larsen, Senior Director of Operations PVG Europe, at +45 2927 8307. For information regarding the process, please contact Senior Recruiter, Marie H.-Kristensen +45 2860 5891.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.