Compliance Officer, Nordea Singapore Branch
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Compliance Officer, you’ll play a vital role in managing compliance risks in the Singapore branch where our valued corporate customers are served.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assess, monitor, advise, report and train on compliance risks present in the branch
- Keep up to date on all Singapore regulations and practices applicable to the relevant compliance risks
- Support guidance to the branch and Group as needed
- Facilitate and anchor a sustainable compliance risk culture in the branch
- Participate in various projects in the branch or Group Compliance as requested.
Nordea Bank has a long history in Singapore, one of our key non – Nordic locations providing banking services to our valued corporate customers. Services/products offered are ship financing, corporate lending, and selected Markets products. Markets area is assessing new activities and you will have a key role in advising / supporting the assessment and rollout.
The compliance function is staffed with three persons at the branch with Specialist compliance resources and support being provided by the global Wholesale Banking Compliance function as needed.
You will report to the Head of Compliance in the branch.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You possess hand-on experience with compliance requirements applicable to the regulated activities under the Singapore Securities and Futures Act, and financial advisory services under the Singapore Financial Advisers Act. Experience in working with Financial Crime and Governance risks is also an advantage. In view of the size and nature of our Markets operations the Compliance Officers will also support with management of other compliance risks.
You must have experience, gained from working in a Singapore-based bank which required you to:
- Understand the business and proactively keep up to date with applicable regulatory requirements
- Give professional, independent, value adding support, advice and guidance
- Provide training
- Carry out the full range of operating activities (risk assessment, monitoring, reporting) within the scope of a compliance function
The competencies and skills required for this role are as follows:
- Excellent interpersonal skills facilitating collaboration, respect and trust
- Self-starter who works well alone and also as a team member
- Highly organized, productive and solution oriented
- Willingness to share knowledge and experience and recommend improvements
- Adhere to Group policies, instructions and work methodologies
- Bachelor Degree
- English spoken (Professional level) and English written (Professional level)
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 15th February 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Janice Chia on +65-63176517 or via e-mail email@example.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.