Category Manager Global Sourcing – Natural Colors Division Raw Materials
For our Global Sourcing Team, Natural Colors Division (Raw Materials), we are looking for a dedicated Sourcing Category Manager to be located in our Headquarter in Hoersholm, Denmark.
This position works under limited supervision and is primarily responsible for establishing and executing Sourcing strategies in line with the company and the Natural Colors Division to ensure maximum value contribution with global raw materials vendors. The position reports to the Category Director Global Sourcing, Natural Colors Division.
- Develop and implement long-term Sourcing strategy for global category management and Sourcing activities for a number of product and/or categories within the Natural Colors Division
- Facilitate supplier negotiations and management of supplier relationship activities adding value to Chr. Hansen
- Actively participate in the strategic Sourcing activities for dedicated categories, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while maintaining and improving product quality and vendor service levels
- Collaborate cross-functionally to establish and implement Sourcing strategies
- Assure close alignment with both local and global requirements
- Monitor supplier market profiles to identify opportunities within the marketplace
- Negotiate high level contracts with ease, ensuring that business and category objectives are achieved
Your personal profile
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific field (Agricultural, Engineering, Industrial Management or alternatively in Economics or Business Administration)
- A minimum of 5+ years of sourcing/purchasing experience, preferably in the food ingredients industry, food manufacturing industry or agricultural industry
- Ability to negotiate with multinational suppliers as well as with agricultural suppliers
- Excellent and fluent communication in English, a second language would be highly desirable
- Must have strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Capable of challenging the conventional wisdom, be open-minded, innovative and self-confident in the face of resistance
- Possess good business acumen
- Knowledge of the sourcing process and tools
- Possess a working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs (knowledge of SAP would be a plus)
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently, but also within a global team environment
You will be working in a multinational and multicultural environment and you will have the opportunity to travel frequently to other Chr. Hansen offices for meetings, to visit domestic and international suppliers, to attend exhibitions, etc. (may require travel up to 10-15%).
More information and application
If you have any questions for the position, please feel free to contact Stefano Bocelli, Category Director Global Sourcing at email@example.com
Please apply online.
Deadline for applications is 18 February 2018, but interviews will be held as we receive the applications.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com