Project Director – Bridges International
Since the 1930's, COWI has pushed the boundaries of bridge, tunnelling and marine design through our involvement in some of the world's largest, most iconic and complex projects.
Our international bridge team have a full set of world-class competencies which in combination with local presence and experience allows our dedicated professionals to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world. Currently our portfolio includes railway viaducts in Africa, elevated metro and complex interchanges for urban highway schemes in the Gulf region hereunder several bridge structures in the holy city of Mecca, cable stayed bridges in the Philippines, major marine crossings in India including a recent extradosed bridge in the Calcutta region. Further, we undertake bridge construction engineering in Montenegro and our aerodynamic specialists are involved in another record-span bridge project, whilst our structural health specialists are involved in monitoring schemes for the iconic New NY Bridge and Henry Hudson I89 Bridge.
COWI as a foundation and employee owned company want to be the best place to work and continuously promote a collaborative mind-set and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
We are recognised as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
This is a superb opportunity for you to join of one of the industry's foremost bridge design consultancies, working within the Bridges International Department, based from our head office in Lyngby, Denmark.
We are seeking to locate a technical strong, commercially aware Project Director to take the technical and commercial lead on a major bridge schemes and JV consortium projects around the globe. You will have the ability to effectively lead a project team, make decisions, assume responsibility and communicate effectively at all levels. You will have experience of controlling projects from initial enquiry through to completion and have a broad range of management skills, with the ability to visualise the bigger picture, think and act quickly and effectively.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
- You will hold either a Master's Degree, Chartered Status or a PE in civil engineering
- You have strong proven design experience (+15 years) within the design of concrete bridge projects that may include viaducts for highways, rail and metro, complex interchanges, concrete arch bridges or extradosed and cable stayed concrete bridges
- You must have proven experience of leading project teams on bridge projects
- You will possess demonstrable experience of working within the design sector for either a consulting engineer, a contractor or bridge owner.
- You will have proven project management and client relationship building skills, will be able to lead bids and tenders and oversee the commercial and contractual elements of a project
- You will have excellent communication skills
- You are comfortable setting the scene and taking leadership in international project settings with stakeholders and clients from multiple cultures
- It will be consider a benefit if you are a chartered civil or structural engineer (CENG) although this is not a requirement if you hold proven experience in similar capacity
- You are ready to travel
As Project Director you will refer to the Vice President for Bridges International and you will have the ultimate responsibility for projects assigned to you including business development, bids / tenders, client liaison, quality, commercial and contractual control. You will manage and direct a project team, will be responsible for the full execution of the projects and for ensuring that the projects are delivered on time, to the client's satisfaction and within the budget constraints. You will act as the leader for all elements of the projects assigned to you, giving advice to the client and their representatives whilst also leading and managing the project and the design team.
The role will offer you significant opportunities to work on some of the sectors high profile and technically challenging projects around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and mentoring a project team of engineers, BIM modellers/drafters and support staff
- Team building, mentoring and development for the project team members
- Business development and leading proposals for new work
- Preparation of contract documents
- Contract management and risk management
- Overseeing / producing the project plan, ensuring compliance to COWI’s ISO certified quality system.
- Develop and implement design best practices in areas of expertise
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Partnering with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to client requirements
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a bonus scheme and a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading regional employer.
Further we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalized internal technical networks, relevant project management training through the COWI Academy and conference participation.
How to Apply:
Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.