Would you like to take your service technician/engineer experience out to sea?
EIVA is an engineering company operating in the international maritime industry. We offer hardware, software and services such as rentals, maintenance and training to customers specialising in offshore wind, oil and gas, and construction, just to name a few. Consequently, there is a lot of specialised equipment in play.
We’re on the lookout for a service technician/engineer for a full-time position to work in close collaboration with our team of engineers, technicians and surveyors in assisting our world-wide customer base, ensuring that they can successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and build wind turbines.
Your tasks will include…
- On-site mobilisation of survey equipment and electronics
- Hands-on training for those customers who might not have experience with the equipment themselves
- Harbour acceptance tests and the like in collaboration with customers
- Maintenance of the equipment when you’re not travelling, together with other miscellaneous workshop tasks
- Design of custom solutions based on equipment such as GPS, motion sensors, VHF/UHF radio etc
- Production/assembly of EIVA-manufactured equipment
Maybe you have never sailed the offshore industry’s waters but would like to get a chance to play with the high-tech products in play. Maybe you have experience in the industry and are ready to use your expertise in a Danish company with an international focus. Either way…
We offer you the chance to…
- Work with high-end, innovative technology
- Get an exciting and challenging position where the days seldom resemble each other, just as the coordinates of your geographical position will vary
- Work in an inspiring environment where freedom under responsibility is a key parameter
- Benefit from attractive terms of employment in a company where 20th and even 25th anniversaries are not a rare sight
The ideal candidate…
- Holds a university or technical degree in electronics engineering
- Possesses strong English skills, both verbally and in writing
- Is precise, structured and detail-oriented, no matter how many or how varied the tasks get
- Is able to document and communicate relevant information both to internal and external parties – test results, status/solutions on projects, etc
- Is motivated to quickly develop product and application expertise
- Has knowledge of system design
- Has a positive and proactive approach to his/her work
- Is service-minded and flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines and fulfil requirements in a fast-changing environment
- Is familiar with equipment like GPS/RTK, gyros, VHF/UHF radios, LiDAR, multi-beams etc
- Holds an EU passport, and has a driving licence – and sea legs :)
Moreover, finds working in an international environment and travelling interesting – alone or together with others from a team, with up to 100+ travelling days a year, per person, and sometimes on short notice.
Candidates familiar with instruments for operation above and below the water surface in interaction with sensors and sonar equipment will be considered to be at an advantage. Especially if you have all the necessary offshore certificates.
However, we know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the offshore world, we’ll equip you with the necessary introduction to the technologies you'll be working with before you’re thrown into the EIVA waters.
When you’re part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re part of a company with a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life and offer various benefits such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and a very active social calendar.
You'll be working out of our headquarters in Stilling, Denmark (just one minute away from E45 and 15 minutes away from Aarhus), when you're not travelling the world to assist our customers on site. Consequently, you will need to live in Denmark or be prepared to move here.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Service technician/engineer’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Hardware Development Manager Martin Kristensen at email@example.com or at +45 8628 2011.
Learn more about EIVA