Head of Group Operational Excellence - Global Services
The Nordea Group is searching for a Head of Group Operational Excellence – Global Services (GOX) within its newly established Global Services division. This is a key and senior role within the organisation with overall global responsibility for continuing to build, develop and lead Group Operational Excellence. Global Services GOX’s mission is to accelerate the journey towards harmonized, efficient, ways of working by changing our culture, the way we work every day, use the power of everybody, creating Nordea solutions for every day Nordea problems, building a system excellence that drives step changes and continues improvement across the hole group.
Nordea has created a new division called Global Services which has the remit to drive optimization and competitiveness across the group and build stronger core services, more common ways of working, processes and capabilities serving the whole bank. Global Services is proactively driving the Nordea transformation journey and delivering on Nordea's strategy.
Global Services consist of the following units:
- Nordea Service Center
- Group Operational Excellence
- Global Services Business Process Management (BPM)
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Robotics Centre of Excellence
Global Services GOX
Global Services GOX works to identifying opportunities for improvements and execute operational excellence and process improvement / best practice based on Lean, Agile and Six Sigma principles. Global Services GOX’s mission is to create the foundation of the Nordea Operating System
The Head of GS GOX is a highly visible role within the bank and the successful candidate will play a key role in Nordea’s development of harmonised, efficient, and compliant end to end processes. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented leader with the ability to set direction and drive execution in a fast-paced environment and will have a demonstrated track record of success deployment for large projects.
This role will report to the Head of Nordea Global Services
Location: this position can be based in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Lodz or Warsaw.
You will also need:
- Overall responsible for the implementation of process improvement initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, service delivery and to create a continuous improvement culture
- Co-Design the Operational Excellence Model, across the bank
- Create, Design and Deploy daily different ways of working adapting to each specific tasks in order to drive Performance Excellence
- The role will also play a key role in monitoring, assessing and developing required performance applicable to the respective functions
- Champion Continuous Process improvement, change culture and quality service delivery across Operations and other Bank functions
- Lead and execute various projects / initiative, which are based on the framework of Business Process Improvement of operational excellence, entailing projects ranging from mid-sized process improvements to major business transformation initiatives
- Conduct processes reviews to eliminate duplication of activities and reduction in cost
- Reinforces strategic change, through effective and receptive change management practice and sponsors structured change management.
- Perform diagnostics on identified areas of business to establish the area of improvement and define problems and propose solutions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of business measurement tools
- Manages the development and implementation of communication processes and training programmes to support business process change
- Review and amend project execution procedures and other related tasks such as estimation, planning, reporting, and project coordination and cost reporting
- Provide proactive analytical and strategic insights on business performance
- People management including coaching, motivating and development planning in a multicultural environment.
The Qualifications you need
The ideal candidate will be a senior leader with refined problem-solving skills, experience in Lean thinking and Lean methodology and, experience working cross boarders within a complex and fast moving organisation. He/she will have excellent stakeholder management skills, be comfortable in front of senior professionals and be an advocate of the importance of a strong continuous improvement culture within the bank.
Nordea’s four key values are: Collaboration – Ownership – Passion – Courage and we expect all our people to embody these values.
You will also need:
- Resource Management skills - Strong ability to lead teams and effectively plan and organize their work.
- Strategic Partnership – ability to build strong collaborative business relationships and work cross functionally.
- Advanced Leadership and Strategic Thinking skills
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for the overall enterprise, as well as for specific projects.
- Strong Program and Change Management, financial and strategic planning experience.
- The ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that support the evolution of the Process Management organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to positively and effectively communicate at all times and in a variety of complex circumstances. Must have experience delivering complex messages to stakeholders
- Strong decision making, critical and conceptual thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, including strong intellectual integrity
- Strong understanding of different process styles (such as structured/unstructured, case management and decision-oriented)
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred but not required.
- A relevant Masters Degree
Last date of application: 20th February 2018
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Loredana Albenzio – Executive Talent Acquisition Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.