Senior Compliance Officer, COO Policies and Processes, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
In the role as Senior Compliance Officer you will get a unique insight into internal governance at Nordea. You will be exposed to and have interaction with executive level management, where you will contribute by influencíng and creating value-enhancing processes.
This role is an opportunity to work with many different stakeholders and get a broad understanding of Nordea, and partake in one of the greatest transformation journeys and creation of the banking of tomorrow. You get to develop and grow your talent together with other experienced professionals in a learning environment where we put trust in our employees high.
Group Compliance COO Policies and Processes is a unit, which supports Group Compliance's operating model. To succeed in this role you must understand what a compliant and effective internal control framework looks like and work with stakeholders to implement this including understanding the link between internal rules and processes. Furthermore, it is an advantage to have a basic understanding of the political and legal framework for regulatory horizon scanning, which will enable you to support stakeholders in horizon scanning activities as well as sufficient and effective impact assessments on the basis thereof.
In addition, you:
- must have the ability to write compliant and effective internal rules; requires both understanding of legal framework and communication skills. You must also have the ability to draft and executive on effective implementation plans for internal rules.
- will review and provide feedback to others on how to write effective internal rules.
- will gain understanding of Nordea's organisation and Group Compliance and use this in the work with the internal rules, which are part of the internal control framework.
We are a team in transformation - in the process of building core competencies and providing strong support to Group Compliance's operating model and value to Nordea.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
Your qualificiations and background:
- We imagine you have a master in political science, law, law/economics and minimum 5 years of working experience.
- You must possess strong stakeholder management skills and have a structured and analytical approach with the ability to break down complexity into concrete actions as well as great coordination skills.
- You have the ability to understand organisations and governance arrangements.
- We are looking for someone with execution power including the ability to drive initiatives and support project management.
- Strong communication skills (both spoken and in writing) in English and a Nordic language is a prerequisite.
- You come with a positive attitude, a dedication to team work and are a quick learner.
The position will be based in one of the 4 Nordic capitals (we currently have 1 team member in Helsinki, 2 in Stockholm and 2 in Copenhagen).
You have until 21st of February 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Marie Leth Christensen, +45 20710617 or by e-mail, at Marie.Leth.Christensen@nordea.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.