Experienced Financial Controller/Senior Accountant
Temporary Position 1 year – with possibility to extend
KEVIN.MURPHY is an Australian born haircare brand, that is continuously growing in the global premium haircare industry. We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller or Senior Accountant for our Danish established, European head office. The position is temporary and limited to 1 year, but with a possibility to extend to a permanent position.
In this role, you will be in charge of the financial accounting for our Danish company. You will be a part of our financial team of 4 other colleagues, and you will be reporting directly to our European COO as well as our global CFO. You will have diverse days and wide-ranging tasks in a growing company where team work is key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the accounting process involving day-to-day, monthly, quarterly and year-end operations
- Responsible for working with VAT service on required tax filings
- Light bookkeeping
- Overall responsible for Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables (with daily assistance from rest of financial team)
- Prepare accounts and schedules for the annual audit (fiscal year ending 30 June)
- Primary contact to Danish Auditor
- Meet the monthly close time schedule and report results to the global accounting staff
Job requirements, skills and abilities:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Thorough knowledge of Danish Accounting Regulations and Standards. (Knowledge of International Accounting Standards is a plus but is not necessary.)
- Knowledge of European VAT regulations/systems is a plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work strange hours from time to time, as our global partners are based all over the world
- Strong self-management, pro-active communication, administrative and reporting skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone, by email and in person, with our customers and internal departments
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Based at the KEVIN.MURPHY Europe office in Copenhagen at Refshaleøen.
- Salary depends on skills and experience.
Please send Application, CV and contact information by email to us at email@example.com. We will be having interviews with potential candidates until we find the right match.