Head of Accounting
Description of the project
Cityringen - Branch off to Sydhavnen will be an integrated part of Copenhagen's metro system. The new extension will link Copenhagen's southern harbour district with its new urban development areas to the rest of Copenhagen. Cityringen as a whole will revolutionise public transport in Copenhagen.
The Cityringen Sydhavn 1 project (CRSH1) consists of the construction of ~4,5km of twin-tube metro tunnel including two cross passages and the first stage concrete as well as five new underground stations and several shafts, ramps, boxes and other structures in the south of Copenhagen.
TUNN3L JV I/S, a joint venture between worldwide-leading construction companies HOCHTIEF and VINCI, will be delivering the construction of CRSH1 to the client Metroselskabet (owned by the municipalities of Copenhagen and Frederiksberg and the Danish Ministry of Transport) and construction is estimated to be finished by 2024.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a motivated, highly professional, dedicated and multinational team and be part of something that will shape the future of Copenhagen.
Scope of Position
The candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting, Tax Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including credit control, receivables, payments and taxes.
Furthermore, the candidate is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with the financial policies and statutory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes sales ledger, purchase ledger, intercompany accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Responsible for interfaces with the Controlling and HR Departments to ensure a proper allocation of cost items to each project structure.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies, statutory and IFRS requirements. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, and further requirements.
- Supervises the completion of compulsory tax reporting requirements. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified accounting personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- You have a solid professional background and preferably experience in the construction business in an international business environment (or manufacturing activities). In-depth knowledge of the Danish Finance, Accounting, Tax and Governmental system is a pre-requisite.
- Strong system understanding and a sound knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and in speaking. German and/or French knowledge of advantage.
- 5 - 10 years of accounting experience within a multinational business. Prior management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions and within a multicultural team.
+49 172 6927266
Head of AccountingKontaktperson:
tlf: +49 172 6927266