Strategic Business Developer/Strategic Partner
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers’ changing needs and offering them the best possible service is central to everything we do. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Strategic Business Developer/Strategic Partner, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest insights from the financial services industry as we are the leading Transaction Bank in the Nordics, and one of the best in Europe.
In Transaction Banking (TxB) we work as a team in solving complex problems and leading the way in building strategies within Nordea. TxB Strategy & Insights is a small and tightly collaborating team working with the highly complex and strategically important tasks besides being the key designers of the overall Transaction Banking strategy.
TxB Strategy & Insights is highly dependent on its operating model built on both qualitative and quantitative research and solution creation.
You will be responsible for the qualitative leg of TxB Strategy & Insights and will be doing:
- Qualitative research studies through interactions with stakeholders both internally and externally through: Interviews, workshops and other information gathering
- Participating in the planning and framing of the overall strategy for TxB unit being responsible for the qualitative input
- Hypothesis development & testing in collaboration with team
- You will be working in a constantly challenging, and developing environment with continuous learning and development opportunities. Where your work will have a direct impact on the top leadership of TxB
The role can be based in either Stockholm or Copenhagen. Welcome to a team that is energised by diversity and committed to creating a gender balanced team in which we value collaboration and a dialogue-based problem solving approach.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You have an open and collaborative mindset and see the opportunities in new things. We imagine that you are structured, innovative and humble. You have a driven mindset that sees opportunities in everything, and can make things happen.
You have great communication & stakeholder management skills as you will be interacting with all layers of the organisation on very complex matters.
- Degree from a well-known university within a relevant field
- 4+ years of experience from a consultancy firm or business development role, preferably within the financial services industry or similar
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 27 February 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.