Development Scientist for Product Design in Hørsholm
We are looking for a Development Scientist with experience within product formulation and clinical test production to join Product Design.
In Product Design we work closely together with our Human Health Application Center and Commercial Development on new customer specific formulations but also with R&D to support development of new freeze dried probiotic strains to make them suitable for our applications and products primarily within solid dosage forms. Chr. Hansen, Human Health is the market leader within probiotics for the supplement, pharmaceutical and special nutrition industries.
You will be a part of our 7 people Product Design department which is responsible for formulation development, product upscaling and implementation as well as technical production trouble shooting of probiotic containing solid dosage forms. Product Design is a part of Design & Application in Human Health, Chr. Hansen A/S and is located in Hørsholm.
- Formulate new products and improve existing formulations of primarily solid dosage forms with a wide range of complexity
- Ensure that raw materials, specifications and documentation relating to the product and the production covers the requirements of our customers as well as our internal stakeholders
- Local raw material responsible for excipients including issue of raw material specification and approvals hereof in change management systems
- Responsible for production of test products in our Human Health Application Center facilities
- Up-scale new products at our contract manufacturer
- Participate in cross-organizational projects and customer projects
Your personal profile
- Master degree in science i.e. in Food Sciences, Pharmacy or other equivalent relevant degree
- Experience with formulation development and/or process development of lactic acid bacteria from master thesis or earlier jobs
- Experience with formulation development and/or process development of solid dosage forms from master thesis or earlier jobs
- You have strong personal drive, self-motivating, energetic and outgoing and take individual responsibility and initiate tasks
- You have a customer oriented mindset and have good communication skills
- You are team oriented and at the same time able to work independently as well as flexible
- You enjoy working in an international environment
If you choose to be a part of the Product Design department every day will be exciting and challenging and you will be a part of a great, engaged and passionate team who is focusing on being a team that helps each other to reach the common goal. Further, you will get the opportunity not only to develop products but also to develop on a professional and personal level.
For more information and application
If you have any questions, please contact Mette Ingemann, Department Manager, Product Design at telephone +45 4574 8428.
Please apply online.
Deadline for applications is March 4th 2018.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com