Head of Sanctions Advisory, Group Financial Crime Prevention, Risk and Controls
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Head of Sanctions Advisory, you will build and lead a 1st line specialist team to provide Sanctions advisory services in response to requests from Nordea Business Areas and Central Functions.
In Group Financial Crime Prevention, we provide and deliver consistent, high quality and robust financial crime framework and control activities, support, training and guidance across all Business Areas and provide Nordea with a centralised responsive financial crime investigation and reporting capability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide formal escalation, decisioning and reporting of potential Sanctions breaches within Nordea Business Areas.
- Ensure the requirements of Sanctions Policy and Standards are understood and embedded within the Nordea Business Areas.
- Develop Business Area strategies in respect of Sanctions Risk mitigation activities.
- Provide Sanctions SME support to Sanctions Solutions and Development activities.
- Ensure formal and ad-hoc reporting of Sanctions KPIs is produced in a timely manner and is accurate, understood and accepted by the Business Areas.
- Provide Sanctions SME support to FCRCU Learning and Development teams.
The team offers the provision of advice and guidance to develop the strategic business plan to prevent and detect money laundering, terrorist financing and bribery and corruption. We implement and embed anti money laundering legislation, regulation and industry guidance in line with relevant Nordea policies and standards.
Furthermore, we are responsible for anti-money laundering (AML), Anti-Bribery and corruption and Combating Terrorist Financing compliance providing 1st line oversight and control to the Business Areas.
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience of delivering Sanctions Advisory services in an international Tier 1 Financial Institution
- Experience of building and leading teams
- ICA/ACAMS diploma level qualified
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 1st of March 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact John Sim, John.Sim@consult.nordea.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.