Are you an innovative, analytical and solutions focused engineer, who can handle customer enquiries on a continuous basis? And are you motivated by working with of joysticks for electro-hydraulic applications like construction, agriculture or other markets for off-highway vehicles? Then you might be the Mechanical Engineer we are looking for in Danfoss Power Solutions.
Danfoss Power Solutions - Joysticks secure the engineering of new product variants and customer adaptions, with focus on cost-effective solutions. We develop specifications for the next generation of joystick products together with our customers’ engineering teams. You will be part of a team of six motivated and innovative colleagues located in Nordborg, and you will also become part of a global company, which is a world-class supplier of mobile hydraulics.
As our new mechanical engineer, you will work in liaison with other stakeholders on a continuous basis. You will check if the customer enquiries are feasible to produce within a desired timeline As our new Mechanical Engineer you will participate in product development in all aspects of the design lifecycle, from specification, design (incl. DfM, DfT, DfR, DfCompliance), simulation, implementation, verification test, validation test support and release to handle over to Supply Chain.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Product Development and modifications of prototype design
- Support validation and change management
- Compile technical documentation as per Danfoss quality standards
- Participatie in the cross functional department meetings and represent engineering department in reviewing customer enquiries
Other areas of responsibility will be:
- Cost estimation for mechanical work and specifications for construction
- Definition of requirements for qualifying new joysticks constructions in liaison with sales and production
- Contribution to development of processes, standards and systems
- Support to the organization with gained product knowledge
- Development of new designs and maintain existing product portfolio
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience/knowledge in a design and manufacture environment is an advantage
- Good knowledge of CAD software, preferred Siemens NX
- Experience and a good knowledge within CAD (developing / modifying drawings, sketches etc.)
- Fresh approach to designs and develop products to be competitive within an evolving market place
- Innovative, analytical and solutions focused with the ability to work well within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.