Laboratory Technician/Research Associate for Fermentation
Glycom A/S is a young and vibrant Danish biotech company focused on the development and production of human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs) and their applications in human health. We are a global leader in this field and have an ambitious program to develop a deeper understanding of the benefits of HMOs in human health. The company’s R&D facility is located in Hørsholm and employs a successful team of 25+ scientists from multi-national backgrounds and with expertise in strain engineering, microbial fermentation, carbohydrate chemistry and analysis, DSP and glycobiology. We work closely with our colleagues in the manufacturing site in Esbjerg.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Technician/Research Associate to strengthen the fermentation group in Hørsholm. The group is responsible for strain selection, process development, cell banking and process transfer to our colleagues in Esbjerg.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Daily operation of our 100 mL, 2 L and 20 L bioreactors including inoculum preparation, medium preparation, sterilization, sampling, sample preparation and analysis, process control, maintenance and cleaning
- Batch documentation, data handling and reporting of the analytical results
- Cell banking related tasks incl. preparation of RCBs, performance testing, stability studies and contamination testing
- Regular review and improvement of our methods, experimental set-up and workflows within and between the different R&D groups
- Ad hoc tasks to support our manufacturing facility.
As the ideal candidate, you are:
- a trained laboratory technician or hold an academic degree with several years of relevant work experience within microbial fermentation, ideally with E. coli
- an experienced user of standard fermentation equipment such as Sartorius Biostat or Eppendorf (DASGIP) and familiar with standard lab routines for operating, monitoring and analyzing fermentation runs
- familiar with highly automated cultivation systems such as ambr250
- take pride in high-quality hands-on work and good documentation practice
- take responsibility for the smooth interaction across departments in our R&D Biotech section
- speak and write English fluently with strong interpersonal skills .
As a person, you are enthusiastic, flexible, well-organized and goal-oriented. You possess a strong drive to acquire knowledge in new areas and are a devoted team player.
Salary and terms of employment
Salary in accordance with your qualifications. Permanent position.
Please send your application and CV in English to email@example.com. Kindly indicate your earliest availability.
For more information about the position, please contact Peter Becker, Head of Fermentation, tel. +45 41515435.
Application deadline: 15th of March 2018