Technical Specialist - Danish speaking
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Field Service Representative / Engineer /Technician/Biomedical Scientist to join the world’s leading supplier in In-Vitro Diagnostics. Our International Customer Support Centre, responsible for technical and applications customer service for our diagnostic systems, is expanding.
The scope of this role will be to provide application, technical and scientific support to our Danish, UK and Ireland customer base, for the Roche Molecular Diagnostics and Life Sciences portfolio of instruments and reagents - including cobas 6800/cobas 4800, Magnapure 96 and Light Cyclers. Please note the ability to provide support to customers from Denmark and the UK in local language is essential.
- To support our national and international customers and field employees on the telephone.
- Handle customer enquiries from the acceptance of application product problems through to case resolution.
- Be the interface between customers, field force and global divisions, and deliver sustainable solutions for complex support cases. In this way, you ensure a results-oriented and first-class service for our customers.
- Assume independent responsibility for new product launches and technical product changeovers for our customers.
- Continuously monitor the process and quality of our services and therefore deliver an important contribution to improving the service quality.
- Conduct customer and employee trainings in the customer support centre and in the customer laboratory.
- As a specialist, you support our field service representatives on site during complex situations.
- Support our sales organisations with instrument / system demonstrations.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Your skills, knowledge and experience
- You are a Biomedical Scientist or Biologist.
- You have several years’ work experience in a medical or technical environment gained ideally either in a laboratory as a laboratory scientist, technician, or medical technical assistant; or as an Application Specialist at a customer support centre or in the field.
- You are familiar with medical analysis systems and quality assurance.
- You have in-depth knowledge with regard to the systems and reagents used in laboratory medicine.
- You are fascinated by technical problems and you always present good solutions quickly.
- You enjoy being a competent contact partner for customers and colleagues.
- You distinguish yourself with excellent communication and analytical skills combined with high customer focus, team orientation and self-initiative.
- You will live within commuting distance of Burgess Hill (UK) and will enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary package and a first class, industry recognised product training program with continuous professional development.
For more information and to apply please click on the Apply link.
Application closing date: Friday 30th March 2018.
Who we are
Our UK Diagnostics business, headquartered in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, employs approximately 560 highly skilled individuals. We provide the industry’s broadest range of diagnostics and monitoring products & services, spanning all sectors of the market: from small hand held devices used directly by patients or healthcare professionals, to large diagnostic instruments found in hospital laboratories.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.