General Director – Dansk Planteværn
For Dansk Planteværn (DCPA) – member of European Crop Protection Association (ECPA), we are looking for a new General Director with responsibility for our activities in Denmark. We are an interest organization representing the crop protection industry in Denmark. Our members develop innovative and science-based solutions that keep crops healthy and contribute to provide safe, affordable, healthy, and sustainable food supply.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading in the development of a new strategy for Dansk Planteværn. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in working within the political environment as well as having significant experience working with a large number of senior stakeholders (internal/external). You have a strong drive and a proactive personality as well as excellent communication skills.
What you can expect
The purpose of this position is to ensure maximum influence for the industry, through an active participation in meetings and by personal contact establish a network. To ensure that DCPA’s resources are managed in the most efficient way and to ensure a precise communication both internally and externally, so that DCPA’s positions are clear and understandable, with key decision makers.
In this role, you will report to the board in Dansk Planteværn and your main responsibilities will, among others, be as follows:
- Define DCPA vision, strategy, goals and tactics for the crop protection industry in Denmark
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to support the DCPA’s strategic priorities and objectives
- Develop and deliver a range of stewardship initiatives to improve access to innovation in crop protection in Denmark
- Ensure that DCPA contributes effectively to all relevant government consultations, working groups and reports
- Identify, establish and build productive relationships with key decision makers on behalf of the industry
- Act as first-line industry spokesperson, responding to requests for media interviews and comment, including newspaper, television and radio
- Engage in dialogue on key topics to better understand the interests, views and perspectives of others working towards sustainable agricultural productivity
- Grow, sustain and add demonstrable value to DCPA membership
- Manage ECPA relation and interaction which includes representing Danish issues at ECPA (European) level.
What we expect
- 5-10 years’ experience in working directly or indirectly in a political environment with both national and EU legislation
- BSc. or MSc. degree or equivalent in Science, Economics or Political Science
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact with key interest groups on policy topics and to represent the DCPA and the industry to the media
- Excellent political acumen and (possibly) a thorough understanding of the agricultural environment and the key policy’s
- Significant experience influencing/negotiating with senior external stakeholders and in leading in the development of strategies/plans targeted to key stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Proven track record in achieve results in a complex environment where it is necessary to collaborate with a large number of stakeholders
- Senior management gravitas with high level of commitment, dynamism, tenacity and drive.
A very interesting, challenging and influencing position in an industry that faces continuously changes, political expectations and external demands to meet. You will have leadership and management of DCPA secretariat, including DCPA staff - a committed team, and annual budget responsibility (P/L). Competitive compensation including great opportunities as member of an European interest organization.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will evaluate incoming applications on a continuous basis. The recruitment is handled by INCIPIA. Please send your application and CV marked “General Director - DCPA” to Hasse Steenbuch, INCIPIA at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Hasse Steenbuch at INCIPIA at 4010 6280 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dansk Planteværn er plantebeskyttelsesindustriens talerør i Danmark og repræsenterer industriens europæiske regionale netværk.
Dansk Planteværns væsentligste opgave er, at være i løbende og tæt dialog med myndigheder, landbrug og interesseorganisationer, som er involveret i eller berørt af vort område.
Foreningens medlemskreds består af 8 virksomheder, der er beskæftiget inden for produktion og/eller import af planteværnsmidler.
Dansk Planteværn er medlem af European Crop Protection Association (ECPA) og deltager konstruktivt og aktivt i industriens europæiske netværkssamarbejde.
Foreningen består af 8 medlemsfirmaer:
BASF A/S, Bayer CropScience, FMC, Cillus A/S, Dow-DuPont Danmark, Nordisk Alkali, Nufarm Nordics og Syngenta Crop Protection A/S.
Du kan læse mere om Dansk Planteværn på: www.plantevaern.dk