Head of Trading & Sales Application Operations, Copenhagen
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Head of Trading & Sales Application Operation, you will have an exciting senior Leading Leaders position in the Trading Technology division in a global bank, where we manage daily operations for the Application Management function.
You will be leading the global transformation for your area, working with innovative technologies and concepts across the bank, to enable a future core competitive environment. We are on a digitalization journey, and as a leader you will help push IT Operations towards a DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach.
You will head a team of 5 team leaders in Poland and approximately 40 employees, setting the direction, leading by our values and ensuring we reach our strategic goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for delivering a strategy followed by strong business result and driving Operational excellence.
- Ensure a strong focus on raising application and service availability for your area.
- As a member of the Management team, understand the underlying business drivers, and manage boundaries between your function and relevant part of the organisation.
- Provide timely and well-documented feedback, coaching, performance assessment of your reports, and hold them accountable for their performance.
- Expect a strong focus and ambition on developing our DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering capabilities.
- Implement and optimize processes, products and facilitate continual service improvements in your area.
- Work close with the business and development teams for your area, ensuring full alignment across the delivery chain.
The role is based in Copenhagen where you will be seated on the Trading floor. The role involves travel to Poland at least once a month for a few days.
Welcome to an experienced team of leaders, that together work on re-defining banking in Financial Markets.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
Your preferred profile and background:
- At least 3 years’ experience of leading leaders.
- An IT technical background with an understanding of the technical context of the area.
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Strong skills within transformation and project/programme management creating proven changes in complex financial environments.
- Experience with Application Management, DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering.
- ITIL foundation and knowledge of processes preferably from working within financial services institutions.
- Knowledge on open source and cloud native tools and technologies is a strong advantage.
- Banking experience is preferred.
- Strong people, coaching and communication skills.
- A creative and innovative person with strong problem-solving skills.
- Curious and interest on understanding and fulfilling business requirements.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 31 March 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Martin Uhrup Poulsen on firstname.lastname@example.org or 26 30 60 15.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.