Technical Marketing Engineer
Danfoss Heating is a leading supplier in advanced heating components and systems delivering comfort and energy efficiency in residential and commercial buildings as well as enhanced heating performance in District Energy Networks. We are mainly focusing our sales into the following areas: Residential, Commercial (non-residential) and District Energy Networks.
Currently we are looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer, who will become a part of Danfoss Residential Heating Department in Silkeborg.
Your job will be to bring customer requirements into our organization via close communication with our sales engineers and technicians in our sales departments in different countries as well as direct contact to our customers. Once the customers voice is captured, your task will also be to transform this into technical specifications and secure development of the product via participation in a cross-functional projects team.
The other important role you will have is, to support our sales companies in different countries with technical support, competitor analysis and train customers in our product portfolio.
- Support Danfoss sales companies in questions and challenges related to the mechanical radiator thermostat (mTRV) business
- Provide technical support related to the mechanical TRV products and accessories
- Collect and evaluate input from Sales in order to make business cases on opportunities.
- Improve knowledge of products in sales organization
- Develop technical literature and training material supporting area of responsibility
- Collect and evaluate customer needs and insights into specifications
- Conduct technical training for customers and stakeholders
- Define product specifications for new products and variants, make launch plans for these new products and follow up on sales once introduced
- Act as technical expert towards Sales and external stakeholders
- Conduct Competitor test and evaluate them against Danfoss performance, create material to be used by DSCs on these topics
- Create business cases / cash flow analysis for new potential projects
- Develop strong personal relationship with Sales Department, R&D and Supply Chain
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the area of technical marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Up to date application knowledge within heating systems
- Knowledge / interest within mechanics
- Previous experience as TME in transforming customers spoken and latent needs into products specs
- Overall understanding of R&D universe and be the “missing link” between R&D and Sales
- Able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Fluently in written and spoken English
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.