Embedded Application Software Engineer (m/f)
Danfoss is a global leader focused on energy-efficient solutions that save energy and costs, and reduce carbon emissions. The company's wide range of products and services are used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors and powering mobile machinery. The company is also active in the field of solar and wind power as well as district heating and cooling infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Danfoss was founded in 1933 in Nordborg, Denmark. Today, the Group employs around 25,000 employees and sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world.
Do you have extensive experience with implementing Functional Safety in software development? Are you looking to apply your knowledge to new exciting projects in developing joystick controls for off-highway machinery? Then Danfoss has an outstanding opportunity to offer you.
Danfoss is enhancing its expertise and competence in Functional Safety and we are looking for a person to strengthen our team in applying these concepts. Therefore, we are seeking an Embedded Application Software Engineer (m/f) for embedded control systems to design, develop, and support solutions in the agriculture, construction and material handling off-highway mobile markets. The position may be located in Neumuenster, Germany or Nordborg, Denmark.
In this role, you will be part of a global team responsible for integrating Danfoss’ hydraulic and electronic components into complete control systems for off-highway mobile machinery. You will contribute to all phases of development including requirement capturing, specification development, design, software development and validation/verification. Responsibilities will likely also include development for individual Danfoss components such as pumps, motors, and other smart devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions for real-time controllers using graphical and textual programming
- Support the implementation of functional safety standards and processes (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, SIL)
- Design and implement vehicle serial communication protocols such as CAN, J1939 or CANopen
- Function as the bridge between OEM system engineers and our Software development team
- Provide maintenance and support for existing applications
- Facilitate development of use case specifications with internal and external customers
- Take part in machine start-ups at customer sites or at Danfoss´ test tracks
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs and Safety Analysis and Hazard and Risk Assessments
- Lead and participate in global cross functional project teams
- Master’s degree or higher in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Extensive experience in embedded software development including knowledge of software processes, design and test practices
- Ideally extensive knowledge in Functional Safety (IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
- Proven record of solving real-world customer specific requirements with embedded software solutions
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to implement change, engaging others in the organization as necessary
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, focused on results
- Willingness to travel to both domestic and international locations (engineering and manufacturing sites, suppliers, and customers)
- Fluent English language skills are essential
What we can offer
Robust structures, quick decision-making paths and an organizational culture that encourages achievement based on trust, together with a lot of freedom to implement your own ideas is the professional environment that we are offering to you. In these exciting times, you have the chance to actively participate in the development and execution of innovative business strategies on a national and international scale.
For further information about the position please contact Eva Isselstein, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at +49 461 4301 4623.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed once we have found the right candidate.