Senior Operational Risk Officer, any Nordic capital
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Senior Operational Risk Officer, you’ll have the mandate within Nordea's second line-of-defence to identify, monitor and control operational risk within processes at Nordea. This is a new position, and with our support you will have the opportunity to build and develop it into a class leading example of operational risk management and control.
In Group Operational Risk, we are responsible for overseeing and controlling all aspects of operational risk across every part of Nordea. We achieve this through our ownership of Nordea’s Operational Risk Frameworks, and by using a risk based approach to identify and monitor operational risk.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and conduct independent assurance reviews of processes, including analysing complex control environments, at both high and detailed levels across all of Nordea's business areas.
- Play a key role in the development of governance frameworks surrounding processes within Nordea.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across Group Operational Risk and the rest of Nordea to leverage expertise and experience.
- Use a risk based approach to challenge accepted norms where opportunities exist to improve risk management.
- Compose high quality, detailed and accessible written reports in English, including practical recommendations for control improvements.
The role can be based in any of the Nordic capitals. Welcome to a team of 9 operational risk experts, each with our own areas of expertise and responsibility, based in all 4 of the Nordic capitals.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
Your ability to negotiate enables you to influence change, and you lead discussions by understanding complex detail whilst always seeing the ‘big picture’. You are naturally inquisitive and analytical. You have meticulous attention to detail, and enjoy working independently as well as being part of the team.
- Experience of top-tier risk management practices and control environments, ideally gained from working internationally with different legal and regulatory regimes.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 9th April 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Patrick Sloan, +46 10 156 18 37, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.