Create, explore and move together! To support our Co-Curricula Educational Program (CCEP) team, we are currently looking for full-time Educators starting in Mai and August.
BMS is the oldest international school in the center of Berlin. 1000 students from 55 countries attend our school and are taught using the best international and national curriculum programs. The Berlin Metropolitan School is an all-day school, allowing students from kindergarten through 12th grade to complete a modern and values-based education, culminating into an internationally recognized diploma. An international team of more than 200 dedicated employees lead the way for the learning success of our students.
The exciting challenge
- As an Educator, you support the children as they develop into independent personalities who perceive themselves as part of a community.
- You will supervise children and adolescents in an age-appropriate manner and foster their curiosity, their creativity and their need for physical movement.
- Transmitting social values and norms is as much a part of this position as training motor skills and bodily awareness and fostering thinking skills.
- You are always ready to listen and can handle the children’s greatly varying needs in a sensitive manner.
- You can handle challenging situations and thus help our students find safe and engaging limits.
- Aside from pedagogical and educational skills, we are looking for someone with a talent for organizing and communicating in order to develop and lead projects and activities.
- In order to qualify for this position, you must hold a state-approved educator certificate or a degree in the field of social pedagogy as well as experience working in a childcare facility.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in program design and organization as well as inclusion experience.
- We are looking for someone with an affectionate manner with children, team spirit, flexibility and resilience, open-mindedness towards quality- assurance, and knowledge of MS Office.
- In addition to organizational talent and communication skills, candidates must possess excellent language skills in English and ideally good German skills.
- You should be enthusiastic about new topics and projects and readily engage with your colleagues.
- We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is passionate about working with children and teenagers.
We offer a modern, inspiring work environment with international, dynamic employees and an open school community in the heart of Berlin. For international staff we offer a relocation package incl. reimbursement of travel and shipping expenses as well as interim housing expenses, a settling in allowance and internal German courses. Our cooperation and the sense of togetherness are distinguished by a special team spirit and respectful and harmonious interaction. Our open-door-culture with the leadership, joint learning and collegial case counselling creates an inspiring and supporting collaboration. Continuous personal development through “Professional Development Days” and training for e.g. “Restorative Practice” and language. A diverse program of art, literature, theatre, music, science, sports and creative work.