This position provides leadership to the Apple Data Center’s 24X7 Site Services team and provides oversight to the installation and maintenance of Apple’s mission critical server environment. The Manager will provide guidance and support to the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of servers and the supporting infrastructure. They will coordinate with other internal and external organizations to ensure the availability of Apple’s Mission Critical environment. Experience with data center installations as well as managing relationships internal and external teams and the ability to integrate these resources into the overall Apple mission are a must.
- 5+ years experience in server, network and cable installations in a large (10,000+ server) mission critical datacenter environment.
- In-depth knowledge of current data center cabling and installation protocols.
- 1-4 years of experience managing a technical team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical understanding of server hardware.
- Understanding of data center cabling processes and best practices.
- Direct supervision to multiple installation technicians on a daily basis including work assignments, performance evaluations, any disciplinary issues.
- Ability to provide hands-on assistance or training to manage the Mission Critical environment.
- Prioritization and direction of installations and maintenance activities for servers, network devices, and cabling.
- Responsible for mentoring and career growth of technicians.
- Implement new installations, upgrades, and turndowns on the datacenter floor.
- Communicating issues to both techs and management.
- Ensure all established policies are in use for all activities such as repairs, changes, upgrades, etc. •Manage projects for your team or work with project managers to allocate resources efficiently and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Work with other teams internal and external to the data center to accomplish projects.
- Function as technical resource for your team
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in IT Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- IT Process Management Experience (ITIL, SOX, SAS).
- Linux/Unix system engineering/administration or network engineering/administration.
- BICSI/RCDD Certification.