Data Center Chief Engineer
The Data Center Chief Engineer position will report to the Site Manager, with overall responsibilities for operating and maintaining the data center critical facilities infrastructure and managing the related staff. You will be a key member of the Viborg, Denmark Data Center and part of Apple’s Global Data Center Services Group. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 10+ years infrastructure experience with a focus on Data Center Facilities operations.
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- A very good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in use in the Data Center environment including substations, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS & ASTS units, PDU/RPP units, chillers, cooling towers, CRAC/CRAH units.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to employees, contractors and vendors performing maintenance or upgrade work on systems installed in a Data Center environment.
- Must understand the Data Center production environment and excel in customer service.
- Data Center Management construction and or commissioning experience highly desirable.
- Ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night.
- Detail oriented.
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work directly with to manage preventive maintenance activities as well as infrastructure upgrades.
- Build and foster a culture of teamwork at the site. •Manage others to perform daily responsibilities.
- Report to and interact with senior management as required.
- Manage the installation, repair, and maintenance of critical facility systems.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing the regular testing of facility equipment.
- Responsible for executing and tracking planned facilities work at the Data Center.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new Data Center facilities projects.
- Monitor and report on facilities system utilization, capacities, and performance, including power and water.
- Review existing procedures and implement needed additional maintenance procedures.
- Prepare site documentation including floor layouts and engineering designs.
- Develop site solutions in support of various key infrastructure and business needs.
- Review and develop MOPs, SOOs and other procedures for the data centre environment.
- Preferred to have a BS or BS and 5+ years of related experience