Responsible for the performance of the logistics and warehouse operations functions serving Apple data centers. Develop/refine strategy to establish and implement global logistics and inventory management programs for the Data Center Site Operations group. Focus on creating strategy, structure, standards and processes, as well as, the oversight and implementation of programs across shipping, receiving, order administration, material control, and inventory management.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing warehouse operations and logistics across multiple sites. Experience with data center environment preferred.
- Expertise with inventory management and accuracy.
- Demonstrated skill in process creation, control, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop strategies and solutions to meet both short and long-term needs, drive implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate and effectively present to all levels of management.
- Experience with inventory and logistics systems. System implementation experience a plus.
- Experience in dealing with third party vendors for material purchases and logistics coordination.
- Experience in both operating and consulting roles considered a plus.
- Effective leadership abilities, ability to plan, organize and motivate others to achieve objectives. Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations.
- Drive best practices for logistics operations and inventory management, reporting, and handling. Responsible to ensure appropriate control mechanisms are in place and achieve exceptional levels of inventory accuracy, material availability, and service goals.
- Improve operational efficiency in all areas, including cross-functional collaboration with multiple stakeholders for optimal enterprise-wide solutions.
- Develop and mentor staff to continuously improve skills and team performance.
- Drive a culture of operational excellence throughout the enterprise.
- Maintain cross-training program to assure highly qualified backups for every function.
- Coordinate with logistics managers and inventory management staff at each site to achieve enterprise-wide objectives.
- Coordinate with capacity planning, deployment planning teams and business groups alike to ensure project (deployment) timelines are met or exceeded.
- Partner proactively with data center sites and Infrastructure Services Tools Team to create and meet inventory and logistics requirements for all materials utilized in site operations. Work closely with systems implementation and their management.
- Preferred to have a BS or BS and 5+ years of related experience