Data Center Operations Planner
The Operations Planner will develop and lead a variety of projects within a mission critical Data Center environment. The Operations Planner has a general knowledge of best practices for building maintenance and operations. This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong communication and project tracking skills. This person will be able to handle the administrative tasking of the Data Center environment while also supporting multiple projects. Operations planners are expected to facilitate the day-to-day activities involved in the running and maintenance of a mission critical facility. They should also understand the typical requirements of a technical office space.
- The Operations Planner will have excellent customer service and people skills.
- They must exhibit strong, creative problem-solving skills.
- They must have an informal knowledge of facilities equipment and maintenance practices as well as a good understanding of the key components of project management and personnel systems.
- Experience with Information Technology equipment deployment is also a plus.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations.
- Experience in working with outside vendors and knowledge of contracts, payables/receivables, and budget management.
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities is also required. This position needs a balance of office management and project management.
- Experience Required:
- 2-3 years facilities experience with an emphasis on business services or equivalent office management experience within a large organization preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, calendars and email. Must also have the ability to learn new computer applications as necessary. Familiarity with Apple products is a plus.
- Maintenance scheduling, work order generation, tracking, and system administration of our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) database.
- Create and administer the risk management requests needed to notify other business units with in the company of the upcoming activities at the site and other areas as needed by Site Management.
- Work closely with Finance to manage budgetary and accounting needs for multiple departments by tracking spending against purchase order dollars.
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting activities for the site and working with site management in doing so.
- Provide project management, including coordination and assistance between contractors, Data Center staff, Finance, and vendors supporting the Apple Data Center.
- Support operations to include: maintenance agreement management, resource scheduling, and team activities.
- Develop and implement site-specific documentation management system to include standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and track the needed/required training classes for the site technicians. Interact with vendor contract and building management services including janitorial services, beverages and snacks, catering services, first aid supplies, plant services, and landscaping.
- Interact with vendors, contractors, and building management services including outside services.
- Work with other administrators and organization within Apple.
Bachelor's Degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience preferred.