Market Risk Manager, BSRC
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Market Risk Manager, you will be part of a team of Risk Managers responsible for understanding and developing the IRRBB and market risk and advising management on all risk issues related to the trading, funding and lending activity.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the non/traded market risk elements of the risk management framework. These include economic and fair value market risks within the TALM portfolios as well as structural interest income risk (SIIR), structural foreign exchange risk (SFX), Equity risk, tail risk, structural risk and other banking book market risks.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of firm’s 2LOD operating model and support the enhancement of the risk management framework, including risk assessment, metrics, stress tests, procedures, risk methodology and reporting processes.
- Monitoring and analysing the banking book activities as well as risk in on-balance and off-balance sheet positions and recommend adjustments to framework, strategies etc. as required to ensure strong governance and oversight.
- Providing challenge on the Group’s risk exposure, limits, risk profile, liquidity buffer, funding and hedging strategies.
- Investigation and adjustment of risk limit excesses, and ensuring pro-active identification and measurement of risk to promote complete and accurate risk reporting.
The team has a wide remit on of the biggest risk areas of the Group. The team has wide and senior exposure and influence on a variety of strategically important functions.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
We are looking for candidates with strong numerical and technical abilities with a natural interest in problem solving.
- Ideally an educational background within STEM or Finance.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Min. 2 years' experience in banking.
- Risk Management experience would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 17th of April 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Daniel O'Neill, +45 23 69 20 15 , email@example.com
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.