We are looking for an experienced R&D lawyer with transactional and business development experience to join the Global R&D Legal Department at Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
The Global R&D Legal Department is located in Denmark and is currently consisting of the General Counsel Global R&D, two R&D lawyers and one assistant. We strive to deliver high quality results in close collaboration with our global legal and business stakeholders, including our colleagues in the Ferring Group’s global Compliance, Ethics, Patent and Legal team with more than 65 employees worldwide. In order to be prepared to deliver on Ferring’s R&D and commercial strategy, we are looking for a R&D lawyer to take on a range of challenging assignments.
The Global R&D Legal Department is responsible for managing risk, overseeing legal guidance and providing legal support on a global basis for a range of challenging areas applicable to the global Research and Development Organization. Key customers include stakeholders from R&D Management, Global Project & Portfolio Management, Global Clinical Development, Global Pharmaceutical R&D, Global Regulatory Affairs as well as support functions at Ferring.
Primary tasks of the position will be to:
- Negotiate, structure, draft and close complex early stage business development agreements and conduct due diligence for business development transactions, and lead deals to successful conclusion
- Counsel senior executives and business development on a broad range of concerns that arise in the process of considering and consummating a deal, often involving intellectual property, regulatory, anti-trust, tax and financial issues
- Draft, review, and negotiate various types of agreements, including License Agreements, R&D Collaboration Agreements, Asset or Share Purchase Agreements, Letter of Intents, Master Services Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, R&D Service Agreements, and other third party agreements
- Proactively work to minimize liability, business and legal risks while supporting the commercial success and securing rights of Ferring
- Provide strategic advice and legal guidance on clinical, development and regulatory issues related to all stages of drug development
- Provide legal opinions, establish and carry out internal legal training programs and provide support to global, regional and affiliate management
- Work with colleagues and different departments in a truly international and multicultural working environment
- In addition, the position will include responsibilities on an ad hoc basis of providing legal advice on a broad array of issues relating to pharmaceutical industry practice
The ideal candidate holds a master in law degree and has a minimum of 8 years’ experience, preferably from working as an attorney in a law firm with expertise in life science or from a job in the pharmaceutical industry. We expect you to have strong technical skills and proven experience with general corporate and business development/transactional work and with drafting different types of contracts in the life science field.
You are a team player and enjoy working internationally and with different cultures. You have a strong proficiency in the English language, both in writing and verbally. You have excellent negotiation and communication skills and we further expect you to be quality and time conscious. You can work independently and handle many tasks under tight deadlines, while effectively delivering sound and clear legal advice in a professional business setting.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Bolette Wildt, General Counsel Global R&D Legal, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 1 May 2018, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an ongoing basis.