Market Risk Controller
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers’ changing needs and offering them the best possible service is central to everything we do. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Market Risk Controller, you’ll be contributing to our efforts by working with identification, assessment and reporting of market risk towards trading management in Wholesale Banking and TALM (Group Treasury & Asset and Liability Management).
In Market Risk Business Support and Analysis, we ensure correct daily market risk reporting and compliance to delegated mandates and internal instructions. We are covering a wide variety of financial products and are striving for continuously improving our setup.
What you’ll be doing:
- Report market risk.
- Contribute to the risk dialog with business management.
- Understand market risk models and market risk dimensions stemming from approved products, market dynamics and the business models.
- Contribute to the embedding of a risk based culture, influencing and challenging all colleagues to take personal accountability for risk based decision making.
The role is based in Copenhagen. Welcome to a team of 8 dedicated controllers.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You are known for being strategic in your way of thinking. You are a great communicator, able to explain and discuss the impact of risk figures to the business and be an advocate of the importance of a strong risk culture within the bank.
- Experience with operating within a financial markets role, risk management, trading, structuring, middle office or finance preferably with experience in a Risk Management role.
- Experience building tools to analyze financial products and data using e.g. VBA, BI or MDX.
- Knowledge of financial products and pricing.
- Experience in explaining complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- An academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, economics, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 24 April 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Mette Juel Dehlsen at +45 55472725, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Kjørtsholtsen at +45 61224259, email@example.com.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.