Site Security Manager - Viborg
The Apple Site Security Manager is a high-profile position in the day-to-day operations of two data centers in Denmark. The manager is the primary Global Security (GS) group point of contact for Apple’s business units, facilities, contract guard service, and other vendors. The manager must have strong interpersonal, security, and organizational skills and be an enthusiastic leader who drives security services among the different groups. Customer service, an amazing personality, and a relentless work ethic are key elements to success in this position. The manager will be responsible for the daily security operations and contract guarding service. The manager also works with Apple’s business units, contract guard services, and Facilities to plan and execute security for Facilities’ projects and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus five years of relevant experience or ten years of relevant security experience, with demonstrated organizational and leadership success
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships among several groups and deliver the highest level of satisfaction to GS’s internal customers
- Experience presenting to large groups and senior executives
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Handle on-call responsibilities
- Travel 15-20% of the time.
- Work under the direction of, and closely with, the GS Security Operations manager to improve security operations using the best business practices in risk management, physical security, and security management.
- Perform security audits, review procedures, and constantly evaluate facility activity and operations for security weaknesses that might reduce the facility’s overall security posture.
- Manage the daily security operations, including management of the contract security guarding deployment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain site-specific security procedures. Analyze calls-for-service and incident data to better manage security operations.
- Prepare and maintain security records for the site and complete routine statistical reports. Prepare operations orders as they relate to special events at the site.
- Assist in (and in some cases lead) investigations in conjunction with GS Investigations.
- Work with local public safety (law enforcement, fire, other government agencies).
- Work closely with site management on day-to-day safety and security issues. Coordinate with Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal on security-related issues involving Apple employees and third parties.
- Build relationships with business unit representatives, facilities personnel, contract guards, and other vendors to understand the environment and special security needs at the data center and for each business group.
- Review and approve all security requests for short-term and non-recurring assignments.
- Ensure correct scheduling and quality work performance by the contract guard service.
- Frequently assess and adjust the contract guard service by onsite review, and feedback from facilities and the business units to deliver outstanding service on each project.
- Respond to and, in conjunction with the contract guard service, provide the proper response to emergency situations.
- Survey and recommend security improvements to each assigned business unit.
- Create summaries, narratives and statistical reports.
- Assist on other GS projects as requested.